What's new

Any quality 5 disc DVD players w/DVD-A&SACD (1 Viewer)

Chip E

Screenwriter
I'm interested in replacing my RP91 with something newer.. I would like a high video quality 5 disc or so changer with DVD-A and SACD. Anything out or, on the horizon that fits the bill? Something under $1000.00 thanks.

Jon_Welker

Second Unit
Chip,

I don't believe there are any 5 discers on the market that do both DVD-A and SACD at this point. I would imagine that somebody would introduce something at some point this year, but that's a lot of some's. I have a Yamaha CX1 which plays DVD-A. It's based off the famed Panasonic faroudja players, but with a beefier audio section (Burr-Brown DAC's), and better build quality (23 lbs.). I've had mine since July, and haven't looked back since. I have compared the video quality on against a Pioneer Elite DV-45A and a Marantz DV6400, and still prefer it the most. Very well-built, all around great 5 disc changer. Retails for approx. $500 or less now, and original MSRP was in the $1K neighborhood.

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter
There was a thread about a week ago that stated Toshiba would have a 5-disc universal player coming out soon. Sorry I can't be any more specific...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks