Any quality 5 disc DVD players w/DVD-A&SACD

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Chip E, Jan 19, 2004.

1. Chip E

Chip E Screenwriter

I'm interested in replacing my RP91 with something newer.. I would like a high video quality 5 disc or so changer with DVD-A and SACD. Anything out or, on the horizon that fits the bill? Something under $1000.00 thanks.

2. Jon_Welker

Jon_Welker Second Unit

Chip,

I don't believe there are any 5 discers on the market that do both DVD-A and SACD at this point. I would imagine that somebody would introduce something at some point this year, but that's a lot of some's. I have a Yamaha CX1 which plays DVD-A. It's based off the famed Panasonic faroudja players, but with a beefier audio section (Burr-Brown DAC's), and better build quality (23 lbs.). I've had mine since July, and haven't looked back since. I have compared the video quality on against a Pioneer Elite DV-45A and a Marantz DV6400, and still prefer it the most. Very well-built, all around great 5 disc changer. Retails for approx. $500 or less now, and original MSRP was in the $1K neighborhood.

3. Tim Hoover

Tim Hoover Screenwriter

There was a thread about a week ago that stated Toshiba would have a 5-disc universal player coming out soon. Sorry I can't be any more specific...

4. Chip E

Chip E Screenwriter

Thanks guy's. I'd love to see something like the Denon 2200 in a changer. [​IMG]