What's new

Any projectors under $1k worth buying? (1 Viewer)

Phil Keep

Stunt Coordinator
I was wondering if any projectors that sell on ebay or elsewhere for less than $1000 were worth delving into.
Thanks,
Philip

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
The Infocus X1 and Panasonic PT-200U are both at about the $1000 mark. There's also a Panasonic AE100 in the for sale area that's below $1K that's a decent projector as well.

Daniel.T

Auditioning
If you can spring for $1100 you can get the Sanyo PLV-Z1 (aka Studio Experience Matinee 1HD) which is a 1/4 HD resolution LCD projector. I've had mine for a week, but had been researching it and others for 4 months. I'm very, very pleased with it. A lot of people like the Infocus X1 DLP projector, but it is a 4:3 aspect ratio 800x600 resolution unit. Frankly, I prefer the Z1/1HD and it's native 16:9 format output.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
The only place I could find the Z1 for was AGI and they are at $1,195.

Also, the Panasonic PT-L200u can be had for $1,099 over at ProjectorPeople.com no tax, free shipping and a free Da-Lite 16:9 screen. I believe the free screen deal is good until 6-30, although I'm not 100% sure.

Peace Out~:D

Daniel.T

Auditioning
You can get the Matinee 1HD (aka Sanyo PLV-Z1) for around $1100, you just have to haggle a little like I did. Heck for $1179 I even got an extra, new bulb with it and still have the 3 year no dead pixel warrenty. The free bulb promotion is now over unfortunately, so I was lucky to get it when I did. All one needs to do is a little research and ask people where they got theirs (nudge, nudge. Just as good as a wink to a blind man.)

I'm very happy with the 1HD. Sure, I could afford to spend a bit more and look at an XGA DLP, but I don't want a 4:3 format projector since I'm mainly concerned with 16:9 and 2.35:1 format DVD's and HDTV. That, and I'm waiting till next tax return to get one of the 720p native projectors when they start hitting the $4k level. In the mean time, the $1100 1HD is a hell of a deal and I'm enjoying watching it every evening.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks