What's new

Any Project Greenlight reviews yet? (1 Viewer)

Derek U

Stunt Coordinator
I am anxiously awaiting this title and was wondering if it has been reviewed anywhere yet. Any help would be appreciated.

Derek

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
This title is being released by Buena Vista (aka Disney), who rarely lets out review copies of anything. When they do, it's usually their biggest titles.
I expect that reviews of this title from websites will only occur if the reviewer goes and picks it up with their own money. Not being familiar with the show, I wasn't planning on doing that myself. :D

Chris Perkins

Stunt Coordinator
I started watching "Project Greenlight" on HBO, and although the first couple of episodes were interesting, it gradually turned into an absolutely awful series. Out of all the shows out there that deserve the DVD treatment, this is not one of them.
Chris

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Kyle, it is more likely that Gord Lacey will review that himself, since's he's reviewed the other Real World discs.
Frankly, that's a show I've never seen (due to my lack of cable TV...with all these DVDs, who needs cable?) and never felt like I was missing out on. I've never been into reality TV shows too much. Just not my style!

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
Much appreciated Scott. I really doubt I would have purchased The Real World, but you can't beat $12 USD shipped to your door from Amazon.ca.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I will pass on the Project Greenlight series, as well. I saw most of the episodes on HBO and there weren't any episodes that would make me want to see the series again. I am interested in seeing the movie, Stolen Summer. I'm not sure it even played at any theaters, here locally. This will definitely be a rental for me.

AaronJB

Second Unit
"Stolen Summer" played on a total of 13 screens and made about 120,000.

It's kind of odd: while I found "Project Greenlight" to make for incredibly entertaining television, it doesn't make director Pete Jones look particularly good. The guy is supposed to get a career from this and they mostly just showed the various disasters (which, again, somehow manage to be incredibly entertaining).

While he can say to people, "see the final product", few people actually could. I thought it was a relatively decent movie - not the disaster that the show makes it look like it could've been.

As for the DVD box set, I recommend it very highly. I'd never seen the show on HBO and watched the entire six-hour series twice over the weekend. The first disc includes "Summer" and some extras (commentary, etc), there are two discs included that offer the entire "Greenlight" series and a fourth disc that includes "Greenlight"-related supplements.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks