Any problems with variable audio with the 8vsb module?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Gregory Scott Bass, May 10, 2001.

1. Gregory Scott Bass

Gregory Scott Bass Stunt Coordinator

I have the dish 6000 and my only ota station is a cbs , the audio is variable, similar to constantly turning the volume up and down slightly, I need to determine if this is the station or the module, please post if you have experienced anything similar. Thanks Scott

2. Gregory Scott Bass

Gregory Scott Bass Stunt Coordinator

also please advise if the progamming content will ever display propery in the guide instead of just saying local programming?

3. Randy Boecker

I have the 8VSB module and am picking up three local channels. I haven't experience what you describe. One of my channels isn't broadcasting the left stereo channel properly, but it's only that channel. The other two come in just fine. I would suspect it's a problem with the channel, not your module or receiver.
    I would also like to see something other than "local programming". I'm not sure if that's specific to the OTA tuner, or if the local stations simply aren't including that information in their broadcasts yet.

4. Bruce McGowan

Bruce McGowan Auditioning

The Mitsubishi displays channel info (local channels) except for the sub chanels (digital) after you enter your zip code and it downloads the programming info for your area.
    In my area of metro Phoenix, I receive 10 digital channels and two broadcast in 1080i at very infrequent periods. (PBS an hour or two several nights per week) and NBC - Jay Leno.
    The volume does vary slightly by channel, but doesn't vary that much in my area. All are 'higher' than DirecTV channels. There's no solution I've been able to come up with & I've contacted all the 'experts' in my area.
    The Mitsubishi has a better 'stretch' to 16:9 than most. The perspective looks better than any of the other HDTV receivers I've seen when filling the screen without losing top/bottom data.
    ------------------