1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Any problems in Denon, Yamaha or Onkyo A/V receivers?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kyle_Y, Nov 20, 2001.

1. Kyle_Y

Kyle_Y Stunt Coordinator

Anyone who's owned a Denon, Yamaha or Onkyo receiver have any problems? PLease mention anything, quality, customer service, ergonomics. I guess this is a post that if no one responded, it would be a good thing[​IMG]

2. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

i've got an onkyo and the only *major* problem is with the volume control knob.

it does this thing when you use the remote to turn the volume down. for a split-second it actually increases the volume by about 2-3db. it's totally annoying. also, on occasion, the volume know will reduce the volume by itself.

i guess this became a known defect with the older models (i've got the 646) and has sinced been rectified.

other than that, i really like my unit. no other complaints.

3. Craig W

Craig W Second Unit

Yamaha, Onkyo, and Denon are all fairly high quality brands meaning few complaints from the people that own them.

I am partial to Denon. I have owned a midrange Denon 2700 for over 3 years without any problems.

If you are in the market for a receiver and go with any of the mentioned brands you should not have any major issues.