Any Plasma TV Owners Out There?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Eric C. Mylonas, Nov 21, 2002.

1. Eric C. Mylonas

Eric C. Mylonas Stunt Coordinator

I was wondering if anyone frequenting this board uses a plasma display as their primary game-playing device. I ask, because I just purchased a Panasonic plasma and I hear massive quantities of heresay on the likelihood of image burn and/or ghosting on these sorts of units.
    On another board I frequent, some people claim that they have experienced such from playing games on their plasmas for only an hour or two, while others don't see anything for sessions up and over eight hours long.
    So, long diatribe short: anyone on here with a plasma tv (what model?) that has experienced permanent burn-in?
    Thanks all [​IMG]

2. Mike Pattee

Mike Pattee Second Unit

It seems to be all about the contrast. If you properly adjust your settings using Avia or some other setup dvd I would think you'd be fine. Of course wait for more feedback but with most tv's having a factory setting of contrast 100% its no wonder some people get burn in.

3. Eric C. Mylonas

Eric C. Mylonas Stunt Coordinator

Yeah, I fully intend to calibrate it properly via Avia.
    And since I've long-since weaned myself off the mis-apprehension that 'high contrast=good' that won't be an issue [​IMG]