Any plans to release the original "Archies", "Sabrina" or Groovie Ghoolies"

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Carlos Garcia, Jul 31, 2005.

1. Carlos Garcia

Carlos Garcia Screenwriter

I know there are a couple of official DVDs out there that contain several "Filmation" Archies cartoons from the 70s. Also there's a DVD that contains a couple of episodes of the original Filmation "Sabrina The Teenage Witch", but does anyone know if they will eventually be releasing all the episodes of these shows, as well as "The Groovie Ghoolies"? The Filmation "Archies" was an integral part of Saturday morning cartoons in the late 60s/early 70s, and many "groovy" songs came out of that show. I remember first hearing the song "Sugar, Sugar" on that show. Oddly, the episode containing that song is NOT one of the very few available on the DVD that's out there. It would be so great to eventually have the entire Saturday morning Filmation cartoons from the 60s/early 70s available on DVD, but I wonder if anyone even remembers these exist, let alone wants them...I sure do...If anyone knows who owns the rights to these classics, please let us know. Maybe we can get some kind of a letter campaign going to try and bring these shows out complete on DVD. I sure miss them!

2. Carlos Garcia

Carlos Garcia Screenwriter

I'd also love to see the Filmation Batman, Superman, and Aquaman shows...Those were great, and were also a big part of the late 60s/early 70s Saturday morning lineup. I believe most of these shows aired on CBS, if my memory still holds up. It's been almost 30 yrs since I last saw them. Surely someone must have these prints somewhere. Isn't it about time they release it to the public on DVD?

3. Daryl Stovall

Daryl Stovall Second Unit

It was CBS...And I second Carlos's suggestion that these programs should be release. They bring back fond memories of Saturday morning bliss, also bring back the original Mighty Mouse cartoons.