What's new

Any plans to release "The Island"? (1 Viewer)

Joe_Pinney

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joe Pinney
At this point I kinda doubt it'll see a release, but hey, you never know. I, for one, would gladly pick this up. Some say it was bad and cheesy, and I dunno, maybe it was, but I still remember parts of this film from seeing it on cable way back in the 80s. I thought the juxtaposition of 17th/18th Century Caribbean pirate culture with modern American culture (especially the Coast Guard) was intriguing in its own right.

Dave Simpson

Second Unit
Hey James,

I don't think I've ever seen the whole movie start to finish, and it's always had a lousy rep, but I can say for certain that the TV trailers in 1980 were electrifying. They instilled a big want-to-see in me, but I was too young to gain admittance at the time. I don't know the name of the announcer in these trailers, but he was a pretty steady trailer guy during that period, and man, does his voice convey power and menace! I watched a couple of those trailers on an old Betamax tape just the other week, and they reminded me of how I'd still like to see the picture one of these days.
So you're not alone, sir. Cheers.

DS.

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
I remember seeing The Island on the Z Channel when I was about 10 or 11 and I liked it back then (20+ years ago). I sure wouldn't mind seeing it on DVD.

Lone Wolf

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Johnny B
File under "guilty pleasure" for me. I'd be up for seeing this one released.

Harry W

Stunt Coordinator
I have the original movie poster up in our livingroom with the hand coming up out of the water holding a knife.Saw it at the theater when it came out because I had read the book.Was in a Peter Benchley mode.Movie was ok and I would love to have it.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I've always wanted to see this, but never have. I'd definitly pick it up. My dad had the book when I was a kid, and the cover used to give me nightmares. He never let me read it, and I forgot about it until this thread.

I'll have to find that book!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks