Any plans to release "Out of this World"

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Antonio_Lewis, Jun 10, 2005.

1. Antonio_Lewis

Antonio_Lewis Auditioning

For those of you who remember this show, I believe it was on Fox. It aired from 1987-91, it was about a teenage girl who could freeze time by putting her fingers together. I doubt there is any news on this, but does anyone know who holds the right to this show?

2. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    I can't say I was a fan, but it looks like it was a Universal show. Did you know that Burt Reynolds was the voice of Evie's father, as seen on the show as a glowing pyramid? Also, the actress who played Evie's friend was from the Henry Thomas/Dabney Coleman movie Cloak & Dagger. That's where I knew her from.

3. Pavan_P

Pavan_P Second Unit

I remember the show. It was syndicated. It aired here on WWOR on Saturdays. Good show that reminds me of Small Wonder. I hope both hit DVD soon.

4. streeter

streeter Screenwriter

Michael
    I used to love this show, and it became quite popular in the Netherlands - where I lived at the time. It was common to see kids mimic Evie putting her fingers together to freeze time.

Would love to see a DVD release.

5. Stephen Ford

Stephen Ford Stunt Coordinator

Then

[​IMG]

Now

[​IMG]

Good show.

6. Tory

Tory -The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-

Tory
    I love it, and would buy it in a flash.

Evie's boyfriend is a popular soap actor on General Hospilal, Steve Burton(I think that is his name) who plays Jason. Her mother was on there for a short while too.

When I went to Universal Studios in Florida, in line for the Kong ride, there were several TV's showing Out of This World getting interrupted by news of Kong getting loose and going on a rampage.

7. Robert Cruz

Robert Cruz Stunt Coordinator

I too watched it on WWOR (though at the time, it was known as LWOR Channel 9...then it became UPN, and the L became a W; the rest is history). [​IMG]

It was a very enjoyable show. You can pretty much say it put Joe Alaskey on the map. He played Uncle Beano on "Out of this World"...now he's doing very well with his talented voice work.

8. John Kilduff

John Kilduff Screenwriter

I'm in if this ever gets released.

"Saved By The Bell" was an impulse purchase and I don't watch it at all. I would watch every episode of this one on the other hand. It was a fave in my very young days.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

And Flanigan still looks pretty good.

9. Will_C

Will_C Second Unit

Will
    Loved this show as a kid. Maureen Flannigan was on one episode of the mini-series "Kindred: The Embraced" that aired back in '96. She played a young single mother whose infant daughter was stolen by a nosferatu. I remember that even though she was playing a character who had just lost her child, she looked pretty depressed about life in general. Just MHO of course. Would definitely pick this one up and as previously mentioned, Small Wonder as well. Boy it sure is fun reliving my childhood through all these shows coming out on dvd, in season sets of course. Wish they'd bring out Street Hawk and Blue Thunder now that we're getting Knight Rider and Airwolf. Ah the 80's! [​IMG]

10. John*P

John*P Second Unit

I would definitely buy all Out of this World and Small Wonder season DVD sets.

11. Antonio_G

Antonio_G Stunt Coordinator

Universal Home Video own the rights to this show and I hope it comes out on box set soon but only time will tell...

12. Jon Martin

Jon Martin Cinematographer

I remember this one.

The last time I remember seeing Flannigan was in some BONNIE AND CLYDE direct to video movie. Was kind of shocking in that she had a few nude scenes. Didn't really expect that after OUT OF THIS WORLD.

Haven't seen her since.

13. John*P

John*P Second Unit

I sometimes see Maureen Flannigan on 7th Heaven when watching reruns on ABC Family.