What's new

ANY PLANS FOR "A SERIES OF UNFORTUNATE EVENTS"? (1 Viewer)

PODER

Supporting Actor
Real Name
PETER JABLONSKI
I remain puzzled as to why some highly rated new TV series don't seem to have any DVD release
dates. Does anyone have a clue in regards to A SERIES OF UNFORTUNATE EVENTS: Season One?
And the same question applies to THE MAN IN THE HIGH CASTLE. Any info would be much appreciated. Many thanks!

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
These shows are financed by streaming services that have almost certainly negotiated a lengthy exclusive window before any home video releases can occur.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
True-- Netflix takes forever to put it's stuff out on DVD. I'm actually willing to wait for a mega-set once the whole series is done.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
And with season 3 in the end of the book series finally coming around that would actually be a possibility. one of the other aspects to take a look at is it isn't Netflix program but it's also a Paramount title so that would actually have to come from Paramount and when was the last time they really put out anything. I know CBS Paramount are great at doing big box sets and all that but considering that this thing is probably filmed in 4k I would expect or at least hope to get an HD release sort of like what HBO does with game of thrones or Westworld.

Now one to the other elephant in the room, Amazons adaptation of Man in the High Castle,it's odd to think about that because Amazon's original programming I mean while this is produced by Ridley Scott and a bunch of other people is an Amazon property. Amazon has its create space and we know that it can manufacture so they should be able to actually release when they finally get around to it their own product it'll be an Amazon exclusive of course.and I believe I read somewhere that that's being filmed in 4k as well so that should be amazing for those of us that you know have to deal with crappy cable companies in streaming half of season 3 to me looked almost monochrome at times. That alone is one of the reasons why you've got to have a hard copy and physical copies instead of just streaming.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks