Any plans for a reissue of Superman Box Set?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by TysonK, Oct 11, 2003.

1. TysonK

TysonK Agent

With the recent price reduction on the Superman Collection box set, i was considering buying it. However, with recent box set reissues happening (ie-Alien set), I was wondering if a reissue would occur in the next year or so. Some things missing from the current set is 5.1 sound for part 2,3,4 and special features as well. Also, this huge demand for a recut of part 2. Does anybody know?

2. WillG

WillG Producer

I believe W.B. said at one point that nothing new would be done with these films until, at least, the new Superman movie comes out, but who knows when that will be at this point. Some are hoping that if the Alien Quadriolgy is successful, it might pave the way for W.B. to do a re-cut of Superman II in some form. W.B. has been saying for years now that a Donner Re-cut of Superman II is a "possibility"

3. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

If they do do a recut of Superman II, it probably won't be added to the set.
    I have the boxed set and couldn't be more happy with it. Sure, II-IV are barebones, but the presentation is still a step up from any of the previous releases.

4. WillG

WillG Producer

I don't see why though, at the very least, W.B. couldn't have added the extra footage that has appeared on television over the years to II and III in some form and given them 5.1 remixes as well. IV, I couldn't care less what they do to it

5. Dave H

Dave H Producer

I would highly doubt that anything will ever be done to the first movie since it is a director's cut with very good restoration (excellent video and audio) and quality extras. It's virtually perfect.

There are hopes of a director's cut for Superman II by the fans, but it remains to be seen if it will ever happen.

I can't see any extras being made for III and IV, in all honesty.

If you want the box set, I wouldn't hesitate to get it. But, man, how can you sit through the last two movies? [​IMG]