1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

Any plans for 7th Heaven seasons?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Pat B, Feb 24, 2002.

1. Pat B

Pat B Extra

Does anyone know if there are plans in the works to put 7th Heaven out on DVD? A man can only search this site for so long, so I thought I'd put forth the question.
    Yes, I know it's a cheesy show; but it's just so darn...wholesome. There's something cute about it. I dunno.[​IMG]
    And, okay, the girlfriend has been most curious. No, really. She's sitting right here, telling me how to write this...
    And who controls the rights? It's Warner, isn't it?
    Any help would be most appreciated!

2. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

I'm doubting this year at least, maybe not for quite awhile. Warner is going to have a lot on their plate, with most of these titles out in other regions, and probably up for a port here this year, all are rumored to be part of Warner's mystery TV slate (except Friends)

South Park

Friends

ER

Babylon 5

3. Matt Stryker

Matt Stryker Screenwriter

Pat- If you want the complete series in the meantime, find someone with a Tivo. They've rerun all of the episodes recently.

Maybe WB will add this when they go live in Atlanta with HDTV; if that happens I'm never getting my 7th-addicted friend out of my theater.

Wholesome, yet sometimes naughty. Hmmmmmmmmm.

4. Jo_C

Jo_C Second Unit

If you are trying to campaign for a DVD version of 7th Heaven, then the people you should talk to there should be Republic and Artisan. Republic holds the video rights to all of the Spelling output (Republic was once an outlet of Spelling until Viacom/Paramount consolidated the Spelling companies), while Artisan has sublicensed the distribution rights.

So I'd contact Republic and Artisan, not the WB, for the DVD on 7th Heaven.

By the way, it is a great family series.

5. Pat B

Pat B Extra

Republic and Artisan. Good to know. Now I'm curious what their track record is on releasing quality TV DVD product. Think I might show some activist fervor over in Studio and Manufacturer Feedback.
    Thanks for the input, everyone! Nice to hear from the High Priest O' Joss. I lurk around the Buffytastic Realm quite a bit. [​IMG]

6. Jeff Kleist

You're welcome. I believe then that either Paramount or Artisan would be responsible for the show. The only stuff Paramount has done is Trek related, and Artisan has only done Twin Peaks. So there is hope, but don't hold your breath.

7. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    I Certainly hope not before Smallville !

8. Jeff Kleist

Absolutely before Smallville. Smallville has 1/2 season behind it. 7th Heaven has been in syndication for over a year.

9. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Cinematographer

Heh, you'll have to eat those words Jeff [​IMG]
    I posted information on a Smallville release to TVShowsOnDVD.com yesterday [​IMG]
    Gord

10. Jeff Kleist

I'll sprinkle on some salt Gord, but no cigar. It's not season boxes, or at least a promise of a disc every X # of months, so it doesn't count [​IMG]

11. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer

So Jeff, how do they taste? [​IMG]
    BTW, anyone have anything new on season sets?

12. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    Well, it was part of Paramount's presentation at the TV on DVD conference a few weeks back, but no specifics were provided. I think it's safe to assume it'll be season sets, since Paramount has done everything in seasons sets, to my knowledge. Even Lucy and (I believe) Spongebob--though released individually at first--were collected into season sets.
    http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=767

13. Rodrick

Rodrick Second Unit

HAHAHAHA ANYWAYS 7TH HEAVEN WILL BE RELEASED IVE READ THAT IT WILL BE OUT SEPT 14TH.