Any Pioneer VSX-D411 (or similar) owners? Help...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Andre Barros, Mar 14, 2003.

1. Andre Barros

Andre Barros Stunt Coordinator

I recently purchased this receiver and I discovered that the bass and treble levels can't be adjusted while in DD, DTS or DPL II mode, only while in stereo. Is this normal for other receivers? If so, why? Are the levels in DD, DTS and DPL II already set in the appropriate way during the mastering of the DVD? Thanks for any help.

André

2. Mike_J_D

Mike_J_D Stunt Coordinator

Hey again,

You shouldn't have to adjust bass and treble levels. What speakers are you running? Do you have a sub? Because all your bass, depending on how you set up your fronts (small or large), should be sent to your sub if it is below 60-80Hz. I don't know if this answers your question. Or even helps. Good luck. MIke

3. Andre Barros

Andre Barros Stunt Coordinator

Hey Mike,

I'm using JBL's SCS 150 SI. I think that you answered my question alright. From what I understood, if the receiver is set to 5 small speakers and a sub it should send the right signals to the right places making it unecessary to adjust bass and treble levels. If anyone has anymore input or a different view on thsi matter please contribute. Thanks in advance.

André

4. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

You'll find a general preference here among members to adjust "tone controls" at a flat (or neutral) setting or to defeat them altogether (assuming your processor allows for that).

5. Justin Ward

Justin Ward Supporting Actor

I have a Pioneer VSX-D510. The tone bass/treble controls are locked in surround mode but if you wanted you could use loudness(more bass and treble) or midnight mode(little more bass and treble with louder surround effects). I used to listen with loudness but now I listen flat. Most people seem to like loudness but I find it makes the music seem fake and almost like it is "in the distance" when I listen to it.