What's new

Any pics of the SVS box subs yet? (the lower price ones) (1 Viewer)

David_Stein

Second Unit
Real Name
David_Stein
>>>We're hiring if anyone is interested in long hours, low/no pay and great job satisfaction (pay will come on line just in time to maintain job statisfaction if history is any guide ;^).

Brett DiMichele

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brett
Tom,Ron;
The Cube is absolutely gorgeous! The Cubie guys will be
grinning from ear to ear As always....:emoji_thumbsup:

ChadLB

Screenwriter
Anyone know what the difference is if this sub is ported in the back as shown in the picture or on the same side as the sub...so facing down? Curious....LOOKS AWESOME...

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
>>>Anyone know what the difference is if this sub is ported in the back as shown in the picture or on the same side as the sub...so facing down? Curious....LOOKS AWESOME...

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
This unit isn't braced internally. The outside walls are actually slightly OVER 1" thick after the application of the thick spray-on finish. I experimented with several bracing options...but with the relatively low power involved here...there is no advantage to adding a brace.

The larger PB-2 will have internal bracing,although I haven't settled on the final design of that yet.

Tom V.
SVS

Robert_Gaither

Screenwriter
Actually is the outer stuff similar to the "Rhino-liner" they spray on the pick-up beds? I bet some might like the durability enough to suffer a little appearance factor (nothing worse than a fine finish that chips easily). I bet this would make a great gift to those whose kids are going to college.

Mark Fitzsimmons

Supporting Actor
Paul, while I can not speak for SVS on whether they will make subs in that price range, I can tell you this.

I was in the same boat as you, I wanted SVS performance but didn't care to spend $500+ on a subwoofer. Luckily, there is another option for people that either dont have the money or arent willing to spend that much. There is always going to be the DIY route. Personally, I built a 250w, 15" Adire Tempest sealed sub for a grand total of about $320. With regard to SPL it is at or above PCi range and has an F3 of about 22hz. Not bad at all for the money.

Guyza

Stunt Coordinator
Approximately when do the PB1-ISD boxes start shipping to customers?

Also....when can we hit a little button on the SVS website that says "ORDER A PB1-ISD" ?

Way too anxious for my own good, sometimes....
Thanks,
Guy

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
I have wanted to send you a mail Tom and get the answers that you just addressed. I know you have been very busy rolling out the new PCI so I have been chomping at the bit trying to let you be. WOW! 28" deep. I will be sure to put it on the bottom of the stack so it can carry the load;) Can it carry a 160 LB load? I would think that would be no problem with the wait distributed over most of the surface area? This sub would be a real performer in corner three next to seating to on its own. That corner is so optimal, I just cant imagine. How much do you think the PB2-PLUS will weigh> 130lbs?

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Guyza I think tom or Ron mentioned that this Sunday evening is when you will see that button you speak of??? I could be wrong though.

Jeff-Watson

Stunt Coordinator
Steve,
You are going to relocate your house with the bass you are going to be reproducing. (dls10, Two vel 15s, Svs, did I miss any).
I am a little breathless waiting on that little button.
Tom,
You may have addressed this already but how long do you anticipate the wait to be for the pre-orders to ship.
God bless SVS. Amen:D

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
You did miss one Jeff but thats OK. Remember I do not run them all at once. Options. I have very little compared to what some have. There are guys out there that have up to six SVS's running at once. The third sub in the stack would be my limit except one more you know what.________________ I think Tom is busy loading a truck or something. Hard to find good help you know.;) All his help left on account of the anticipation of loading all those box subs on the back of a semi.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks