What's new

Any PHP Wizards out there? (1 Viewer)

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
I'm looking for someone to help me finish a php script that's already in progress. It's really close to being finished, but it requires a few small changes.

The purpose of the script is to present visitors with a list of DVD's that have not been released in their original aspect ratio, so they know which DVD's to avoid, and which ones need to be lobbied for. The non-OAR thread which contains a uncomplete list is actually quite popular in the software area, so I want to make one that is easier to update. The script will let visitors sort the list by title, studio, year, oar, and availbility. It also gives them the ability to add a DVD to the database instantly, and be able to report that a DVD in the database has been announced or released in widescreen. This database will be located at www.widescreenadvocate.org. The beta version is at http://www.widescreenadvocate.org/watchdog.php

If anyone out there knows php and wants to help out with this script, or wants to help out with WA in any way, please let me know.

I am willing to offer a small fee for anyone who wants to help finish the script.

Jason Pancake

Stunt Coordinator
Joshua, if you don't mind me asking, what types of changes are needed? PM me if you'd rather take the conversation offline.

I have lots of experience with PHP/Databases (Informix, MySQL, PostgreSQL) and I might be able to help.

Don_Houle

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Don
Joshua,

I may be able to offer some assistance as well. I work with this type of stuff all day. The only issue may be the amount of time it takes for me to get it done. Let me know the details and we'll go from there.

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
The script was actually written by someone from SitePoint. It is a great site. The original thread where the creation of the script took place is here. But the member who was helping me write it hasn't logged into the forum for over a month, and I want to get it finished. I started a new thread to see if anyone would help finish it, but the popular response was that no one would help unless I offered 40 bucks an hour, and I don't have that kind of money.

By the way, thanks for offering. I can't give you 40 bucks an hour, but I'm sure we can work out something. There are now 4 of us, so we should be able to share the load and come out with a banging good script. I'll PM you the details.

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
Anyone else willing to help? The previous volunteers have not responded to my recent requests, or don't have the time in the near future. I have a ftp server and note system set up for those willing to help, so PM me if your able, and I will get you set up.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks