What's new

Any pet-peeves with your spouse? (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

So pretend you're asleep when you reach over and pretend her boob is a stress ball.

MarkN

Stunt Coordinator
I absolutely HATE it when I wake up in the middle of the night to find my wife holding a pillow over my face!!! I mean geeeez, I have to get up at like 4:30!!!

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray

Don't ever let her watch Play Misty For Me!:)

Malcolm R, I don't want to go into details but I did something like that to see #1 if she was lying to me and #2 if she was, to see if she would get the message and stop......it didn't stop. I don't think it is something that she does on purpose, we've been together long enough to tell each other if we are mad or in the mood or whatever, I don't know why she does it...and if I am to believe her (which I pretty much do) she doesn't know why either........I've taken to sleeping on my stomach though.....;)

KeithMoechnig

Stunt Coordinator
" This one is slightly dirty: I don't know if this has happened to any of you guys (I've heard someone on the old Loveline show mention it) but I swear that sometimes in the middle of the night I wake up in mild pain with her grasping my...unit...rather tightly, I have asked her if she was awake and was just playing around or was angry at me or was instigating some hanky panky but she claims that she isn't and was sound asleep at the times that she does it....explain that one to me because sometimes it hurts rather badly."

It could be worse. Just imagine if your girlfriend was one of those violent sleepers that move around and kick at night. She'd aim for your nads every time.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray

I dated one of those girls once, She'd kick backwards and hit my legs hard waking me out of a deep sleep....after awhile I started kicking back and the supposedly innocent involuntary behavior suddenly stopped! Well gosh, imagine that?:angry:

Claudia P

Stunt Coordinator
Perhaps you are a snorer and this is her way of stopping you... Woteva, it's a nasty habit she has.

Hunter P

Screenwriter

I got this rule: The person that is asked the question is forced to pick. "I dunno" or "I don't care" are unacceptable answers. If you don't want to be forced to choose then next time make sure you ask first before someone asks you. It's like calling out "shotgun" before entering a car.

BTW, my gf hates this rule but she still follows it.:D

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
I've had that "I dunno" exchange as well, my solution was simple and often fun, if we were already in a car we would look for a place we had never been to and try it out OR if we were at home I would grab the yellow pages and zip to the restaurant section and point a finger at someplace (I would give a re-do if the place was one we really didn't want to try or was too far away). It is fun to do if you don't have kids....that changes things considerably.

Grant B

Senior HTF Member

Hey Matt
Maybe we should work something out since my wife is just the opposite.... I have constant ringing in one ear which keeps me awake when the room is silent (to everyone but me that is)
Documentries (which I love) knock me out and they bug my wife.....but the sleep timer works wonders.
Maybe she needs to hit the 30 minute timer before she goes to bed

Oh on 2nd thought I think I'll keep her
(and without a doubt she will somehow just come across this posting)

Daren Welsh

Supporting Actor
Just got off the phone with my gf (she went to Vegas with a couple of her friends for a long weekend). They're not big gamblers, so they're just going to see and be seen and get guys to buy them drinks. I think I'm showing good faith by not saying anything about their trip.

Her: "Are you going out with your buddies tomorrow night?"
Me: "Most likely."
Her: "Don't you think you should stay home?"
Me: "Not likely."
Her: "Why are you being mean?"

A little later, we talk more. She says she was just joking. Let me interject here that she does this all the time. She'll say or ask ridiculous things just to look for a response. Then, she'll say, "I was just joking." Riiiight. Yet if I ever try that on her, I'm being "mean".

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
My wife has a thing about locks. Most of the time, I don't mind. If she sleeps better because she has checked the door locks even though she just watched me lock them, hey, that's fine. But she locks the dishwasher, even when it's not being run. I can't figure it out. Are the dishes going to escape?

We've managed to resolve the toilet paper direction issue, thankfully. I won :)

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
I have no pet peeves with my spouse, she is perfect in every way. The miracle is that she puts up with all of my annoying traits. :D

(Actually, I'm not married or even dating anyone at the moment. However, I have been around long enough to know that what I wrote above is the only correct answer to the question posed in this thread's title. ;)) Any other answer is simply asking for trouble.

Regards,

Joe

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
My last g/f had to spend what seems to me like an eternity looking for the perfect parking spot at the supermarket, theater etc... It drove me NUTS.

--
H

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter

My g/f combines both of these habits. I swear I momentarily wake up and flinch every time she rolls over...

Jeff Blair

Second Unit

My mother in law is like this. She will go around her house like 3 times making sure that all the doors and windows are locked. I think it is a little case of OCD...My wife agrees with me...as she is checking I locked the door for the 2nd time.. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks