Any parrotheads around here?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Van Patton, Feb 20, 2002.

1. Van Patton

Van Patton Second Unit

Me and a couple friends are hopefully going to see Bubba this summer on a couple of dates. I was listening to the Orlando show tonight and it's really good so far. His new song "Hokey Pokey" is terrible though. I think his kid picked it out.

2. David Lawson

David Lawson Screenwriter

David Lawson
    And here I thought Cincinnati residents were the only people keeping him from retiring. [​IMG]

3. Robert McDonald

Robert McDonald Stunt Coordinator

Just saw him in Tallahassee; it was a great show and the place was jumping! (Funny watching 60 year olds in the audience acting like they were 20 again, and drunk (or high) falling all over themselves!). Of course he has ties to North Florida so the crowd would cheer loudly whenever he mentioned a local place....

First dance my (eventual) wife and I ever danced to (met her in a bar New Year's eve more than 20 years ago):

I really do appreciate the fact your sittin' here...

Your voice sounds so wonderful, but your face don't look too clear...

So barmaid, bring a pitcher! Another round of brew.....

4. Lee Scoggins

Lee Scoggins Producer

Lee
    There are a few of us in Atlanta too.

The Lakewood Amphitheater concerts usually sell out fast and good seats are impossible to get.

I'm hoping for some SACD action on BUffett at some point.

Lee

5. Kirk Gunn

Kirk Gunn Screenwriter

Got another one here, but haven't been to a show in ~ 3 yrs. They've become too Fascist in Maryland. No decent tailgating allowed (i.e. - no drink), plus the crowd is infiltrated with too many younger deadheads looking for a party. During the last tailgating session, I heard more Dead, Allman Brothers and Sabbath in the parking lot than JB !
    I'm tempted to head out of town to check him out, the crowds further down south may be more "parrot-like".
    Anywhoo.... Definitly a big fan of his earlier stuff. His later is "take it or leave it". Still have it in the mega-changer, but don't listen to it on it's own.
    Decent link:
    http://www.cobo.org
    http://www.migrationmusic.com (for artists sounding similar to early JB).
    Phins Up !