1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Any owners of the Monster Power HTS-5100??

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JeremyFr, Mar 12, 2003.

1. JeremyFr

JeremyFr Supporting Actor

I'm getting a really really really good deal on one here soon I wont specify how good but lets just say a once in a lifetime price on a brand new unit through a friend at a retail store and no its not stolen or b-stock or anything but due to a recent company contest he can get anything made by Monster at unbelievable pricing. At any rate I'm wondering what you all think about this power center that own it, any noticeable difference with using it etc.

2. Jeremy Little

Jeremy Little Supporting Actor

I have the HTS-5000 that I too got at an unbelievable price. Mine is the mkII version, so the only difference is a digital vs. analog readout. I must say, it was really a cool thing to have. I have heard that the improvements vary based on your environment. It made my set-up sound significantly better. I've been told recently, though, that we have a lot of line noise in our AC power. Might have something to do with it.....:b

3. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

Well I don't have the Monster unit and I hope you won't mind my tossing in some comments. Call them food for thought.
    Pricegrabber suggests a low price for this unit of ~$550 or so. Monster has the following to say about this particular unit.

4. JeremyFr

well I'm getting it for $70 yes you read that right $70 so I think its a rather good deal whether it does everything they proport or not.

5. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

any time you can buy something that you can resell for more money, that's a good deal in my book! it comes with a warranty too i take it [​IMG]

6. JeremyFr

Yeah, a friend of mine works for a company that won a contest with Monster Cable so he gets anything they make up to $6000 for 90% off.