What's new

Any other talk radio junkies? (1 Viewer)

Jim__B

Stunt Coordinator
I listen to Lex and Terry in the AM, they can be pretty good at times.http://www.lexandterry.com
Radio goes off between 10-3(used to listen to sports radio but they got rid of it)
3-5 Local sports radio call in show.
Then Turn on ESPN when I get home at watch PTI.

Shayne Judge

Stunt Coordinator

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Also a Hard-core NPR junkie :)
It's my morning alarm station.
And throughout the day, I'll catch pieces of:
Morning Edition
The Diane Rehm Show
1370 Connection (local show)
Talk of the Nation
All Things Considered
Marketplace
Fresh Air
(skip repeat of 1370 Connection)
(other random stuff, including "Rewind", "Wait wait, don't tell me")
World News Report (midnight - 4am; perfect for when I'm in the lab late)
I have it on in the background, as long as it's not interfering with my work.

Ashley Seymour

Supporting Actor
Jim Rome was a favorite for a long time till they moved him to 9:00 P.M. I don't drive anywhere at that time and I have been lost since September.

Patrick and the Nasty Boy

Tony Cornholer- somethimes.

Rush,

Art Bell

Michael Savage. This guy is pretty far out there though so I just catch him to see how extreme he can get.

They have so much time to fill that about 20 minutes is all I can take as they start to repeat themselves. Most have learned a formula to be successful and that is to be arrogant. It doesn't matter if it is Judge Judy or Dr. Laura, they quickly learn what it takes to be successful.

Jeff Loughridge

Stunt Coordinator
I've seen a bunch of familiar names and stations. As a group, pretty good taste.

If you heard Don & Mike's show from the RV today, you would not believe what went into making that happen. We have a considerable Remote Pickup system in town, with several receive sites and frequencies. Since we are the same company, it was no problem to loan my gear and receive sites to WJFK. They used other equipment to send the signal from the RV to a plane overhead, then the plane used one of my transmitters to hit my various receive sites.

They did two tests with the aircraft to test signal and everything was great. Today you heard all that annoying static breaking up the audio. About 1:00 I finally figured out a loose piece of coax on one of the AM towers at my main site was being blown by the wind and arcing on the tower. That was creating enough broadband noise to de-sense the receiver at the site.

It wasn't windy when we did the other tests. The WJFK Chief Engineer is a very good and long time friend. Considering everything that could have gone wrong, he was happy. I feel bad about the annoyance factor of the static, though. the kicker is the AM station is a tenant on my tower, not even one of ours.

brian a

Second Unit
1270AM for Imus in Austin. It's a sports/talk station. All of the shows I listed are on that station.

brianca.

Marshall Alsup

Second Unit
Music where I live is dominated my top40 CRAP. But thats ok because I'm addicted to talk radio anyway. I listen to the following all the time.

Rush - Hey..... He's right

Dr Dean Edell - interesting stuff on this show!

Bruce Williams - This guys gives good advice and he's often grumpy as hell!

Michael Savage - This guy is nuts! I aggree with about 3/4 of what he says, but man, I LOVE the way this guy presents his opinions.

Dr. Laura - I HATE her yet I am irresistably drawn to listen to her show.

Bob Brinker - He does an investing show called Moneytalk on the weekends. I really enjoy it and I hope that if I ever have more than $20 to my name that I'll be able to put his advice to work!

Art Bell - My favorite talk radio show. Man I love Art. His show has all kinds of crazy shit on! Everything from UFOs to out of body experiences. I LOVE IT

I am very interested in sattelite radio because I sometimes I cant get the talk radio stations around here to tune in well. Also, nothing annoys me more than when a talk radio station plays music somtimes. A station I used to listen to in Tri-Citites (Washington State) does that all the time. I think it would be cool to have several talk stations to choose from.

Answer this: Why doesn't sattelite TV have a talk station among all their digital music stations, WTF?

-Marshall

Michael Ballack

Second Unit
Just about anything on WCKG here in Chicago. Here goes...

Mornings: Howard Stern(5 years ago I started listening to him out of curiousity since Private Parts was coming out, have been hooked ever since

Middays- The Buzz Killman show(used to be with Johnathon Brandmeier before Johnny B made a big career mistake)

Afternoons- Steve Dahl(King of Disco Demolition)

Eveningings-Usually Watch TV

9-1am-Opie and Anthony WOW nuff said

1am to 5 am: The John and Jeff show

5Am till Howard: Breakfest with the Beatles

When Howard or one of the DJ's listed is on vacation(which seems to be every other week) I listen to the Score Sports Radio.

I guess I listen to so much Radio because I'm an insomniac. When I acutally do fall asleep I listen to the radio like some people fall asleep to spanish tapes.

Ash Williams

Second Unit
The only talk radio I listen to is Art Bell, mainly because it is all I can pick up. I'm looking at getting XM though.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I just listen to NPR, "Morning Edition" on the way to work and "All things considered" on the way home. I listened to Rush for a while during lunch, but the guy drove me nuts.
Mostly I listen to MSNBC though, in streaming audio in Windows Media player. I usually have it on all day, listening to Alan Keys, Chris Matthews and the news. It resembles talk radio when you don't have the picture (amazing how little meaningful visual information they convey to the viewers, it is EXTREMELY rare that I ever feel like I'm missing something by just hearing he sound). :)
/Mike

My lineup:

AMs: Dee Snider, formerly of Twisted Sister, broadcasts out of Hartford, CT.

Mid-days: Glenn Beck, syndicated.

From 12 to 3: Rush and WFAN, bouncing back and forth. More on Mike and the Mad Dog, starting at 1:00PM

Afternoon Drive: Opie and Anthony.

My job also keeps me in my car a lot, so this lineup keeps me entertained. I have become bored with music radio.

Scott Strang

Screenwriter
Dave Sez ....

In Chicago, I listen to Howard Stern in the morning coming to work and Steve Dahl in the afternoon going home from work.

If you wanna hear something funny, I've got a tape of Steve Dahl and Gary Meires from the late 70's early 80's.

The best was the phone calls to Iran during the hostage situation.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone listen to Loveline in your area
Loveline is played in the morning on AM in Kansas City. I listen to it every morning (Mon-Fri).

I'm dedicated to that show. Before they put it on then, I would stream stations over my computer connection and night that carried it.

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
We don't get nearly the choices around here, but when I tune in:

On the way to work: The Mitch Albom Show

On the way home from work: Sports Overnight America

Bruce

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
Evening commute back home: local sports talkshow- "Mark Patrick on Sports." I know they recently started a national version of the show, but it's not on here. Has anybody heard it?
It's on here in LA from 2-5 am. Personally, it's not bad. I can't stand his local Indianapolis show (my parents live there so I hear it from time to time). His comedy bits are unlistenable and he's afraid to take calls. The national show is more of a regular sports talk show. I sometimes catch the first hour before Howard Stern comes on at 3.
I am a talk-radio junkie myself and I would have to say that the best two I've heard would be Neil Rogers on WQAM in Miami and Mike & The Mad Dog on WFAN in NYC.
Jeff

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
I love talk radio. In the morning, I usually flip between Howard Stern, Mike Golic and Mike Greenberg on ESPN radio, or Tony Bruno and Andrew Siciliano on Fox Sports Radio. In the afternoons, I listen to Jim Rome or a local political talk show that is on opposite Rush Limbaugh (the guy is boring not to mention a jackass), and then either the local sports talk or political talk late in the afternoon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks