What's new

Any other Superbits have the LEON sound problem? (1 Viewer)

See topic. It really makes me wonder. I love my DTS, but apparently the Superbit DVD for LEON (for those of you who don't know) has some major rolloff of the low end on both the DTS tracks and Dolby tracks. I haven't heard it myself.

Ron Boster

Screenwriter
My understanding this soundtrack problems are isolated to the Leon Superbit only. I've never read any complaints related to SB soundtracks.

But, I have read problems with the authoring of the Professional and Leon soundtracks on SB and other versions of this film. I was set to sell my Leon and buy the superbit, until I read about the problems you described. I think the Leon (uncut) release is the only soundtrack that seems to be closes to the "proper" authoring of this title.

If I haven't properly explained this situation-please someone correct me.

Ron

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben

The first release of the filmr (the shorter version that played in U.S. theaters under the name The Professional) did not have soundtrack problems. The initial release of the uncut version known as Leon was missing the low end in its DD 5.1 track; that release had no DTS track. A corrected version of Leon was issued that remedied this problem.

That's where my direct experience stops. I passed on the Superbit.

M.

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Aw shit! :angry:

I just bought the Leon SB a couple weeks ago. I havent watched it yet.

What do you mean by rolloff in the low end?

CraigL

Screenwriter
I was wondering if the R3 boxed set version of Leon/The Professional had this same sound problem. From what I heard, the Superbit has the same problems as the uncorrected version of Leon. I'd rather just get that R3 version if this is the case but I want to make sure that's corrected.

Matt Czyz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matt Czyz

Er, is there a distinct visual clue on the case or disc itself which lets one know which version one has? And if so, and one has the older version, how hard would it be to get it replaced?

RobertCharlotte

Supporting Actor
Yes, there is. According to another thread here on HTF, if the description on the back does not use the words "newly created" to describe the audio, it's the bad version. Again, this is only for Leon, not the edition sold as The Professional.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i tjhought in one of the old threads that someone figured out the SB has the leon soundtrack that was the from the origional bad one instead of the "newly created" version.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks