What's new

Any other reality show junkies watching "Kill Reality"? (1 Viewer)

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor
Jeff, I wanted to check this out when I first heard about it but I forgot about it until yesterday. I recorded it last night at 9pm. I plan on watching it tonight. I'll report back here after I get done watching it.

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor
Watched the first two episodes. Pretty interesting. I'll keep watching.

I have to admit, Jonny Fairplay doesn't seem to be that bad of a guy. He's actually pretty funny. I'm enjoying him on this show.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
I'm watching. A very entertaining show. Sort of PROJECT GREENLIGHT meets REAL WORLD / ROAD RULES CHALLENGE.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Can't believe Stacy J is on this trainwreck. Poor Reiken, all gussied up and no place to go.

Hunter P

Screenwriter
I've watched Tonya's antics in RW, RW/RR Challenge, and now Kill Reality. She's such a slut but that's why I love her so.:D

In the first episode alone she is seen saying goodbye to her BF and by the end of it she is sleeping with Johnny Fairplay. Nice.

OT: Man, I love the Reality Channel too. I'm TiVo'ing shows that I've already seen because they bump the commercials with commentary from the show's participants so they can reflect years later on how crazy they were. They are often brutally honest when giving the inside scoop on what really happened behind the show's edits too.

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
I caught ep 2 yesterday, strange that Tivo guide said "Wild on Tara". It was pretty interesting all the talk about fake b00bs. I was surprised that Jenna was the only one w/o them.

Like Hunter, I'm a fan on Tonya (she's hot) but I can't stand that she smokes like a chimney. disgusting.

Funny that Rob C.'s one of the main guys on the film side. I'll be watching from now on.

Hunter P

Screenwriter
I wonder if the E! movie premiere of "The Scorned" will be edited or not? I'm guessing since it's showing at 8pm that it will be edited.

I'm going to TiVo this just for the unintentional comedy factor. Some of that acting looked pretty bad. Knowing how seriously some of them took themselves as actors will just add to the funny.:D

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
It looks like the premiere of THE SCORNED has now been pushed back from this Saturday to October 15th.

Not really a surprise, there is probably A LOT of editing to be done to make this TV friendly. The filmmakers made pretty much only late night Cinemax films before this (and included a lot of those type of sequences in this it seems). So, without all the nudity and violence, it may be a pretty short film.

It doesn't look too bad, I have to say. Ethan may turn out to be a good actor.

Hunter P

Screenwriter
TiVo picked up "The Scorned" for me and I just finished watching it. It played pretty much how you'd expect it. The acting was about as good as if I did it. And without all the naughty bits, it was a tough two hours (well, 90 mins with TiVo:D )

Man, Ethan was horrible. To his credit, he was given the toughest role IMO cuz he had to play a crazy person while everyone else played "normal" people.

I got a kick out of Reichen playing the stud that women can't keep their hands off of.:laugh:

One last thing I noticed, which is something I never notice in a movie: the makeup. The makeup was horrible in some scenes. It was caked on some of the actors' faces. Bob Guiney looked like he stuck his face, and only his face, into a tanning salon and it came out orange.:eek:

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
I watched THE SCORNED last night.

Man oh man, I didn't expect it to be THAT bad.

I don't know if there was just a lot cut out, but shots didn't match, the overdubbing was horrible, the performances all around were terrible, and it had some of the cheapest looking FX that I have seen.

Watching KILL REALITY, I thought it might turn out to be more fun than some of the PROJECT GREENLIGHT movies. But, no. I'd rather see STOLEN SUMMER again.

I'd be interested in seeing the DVD (which is out today at thefishbowl.com and eonline.com and in stores in January) to see whose fault it is.

Guess this is one case where the making of is better than the movie.

Matt_Vaudrin

Stunt Coordinator
^exactly what I was going to say, the making of it was better than the movie itself.

that was beyond lame, very cheap, and rather pointless.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks