What's new

Any other iPod users? (1 Viewer)

Max Knight

Supporting Actor
I was given an iPod for Christmas from my fiancee and some friends, and it is so cool! Are there any other HTF iPod users out there?

-Max

MichaelPe

Screenwriter
I was in a Mac boutique a couple of weeks ago, and I tried one out. Now that they work with PCs, I'm dying to get one to replace my Rio Volt.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Yep, I stood in line at the Apple Store in Plano and picked up the first one they sold.
It's the best MP3 player on the market...and it might be more than that after next week!
Paul, see http://www.apple.com/ipod/ for more information.
- Steve

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
I have one also. Use it everyday on my mile walk. Don't use the earbuds though, they never stay in. Have a nice set of Sony headphones with the headband that stays behind the head. Excellent sound with the same kind of material used in the iPod's earbuds drivers. Don't forget to check for updates at Apple. There's been one already and another due shortly, probably after MWSF. Love the speed in loading new songs, about a second per!

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Has anyone noticed the odd design to the headphone jack?

It looks like something with a different type of connector

could be hooked up...curious. Is that for the minijack

used with the current Apple design speakers?

I'm also hearing that iTunes 1.2 may be in the wings.

- Steve

Tim Gerdes

Second Unit
Real Name
Tim Gerdes
I preordered my iPod from the Apple Store as soon as it was announced. I've wanted an MP3 player for a long time, but the firewire port and the 5 GB of disk space were the specs that finally made me take the plung.
I agree that the ear buds are terrible. They really make my ears sore after only a few minutes.
I've spent the last few months migrating my CD collection to an external hard disk. From there I manually load tracks to the iPod when it suits me. I wish I could keep the whole collection on the iPod though.
Perhaps when it is released with a terrabyte drive. :D
I'm also hearing that iTunes 1.2 may be in the wings.
I'm confused. iTunes 2.0.3 is already available.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Oops, iTunes 2.1. :b I'm obviously ready to go home for the day.

- Steve

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
I ordered my iPod from Apple as soon as they were available. Then I got another for my girlfriend, for Christmas. We both love them.

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
Steve,

I read on an Apple site that the phone jack is exactly the same kind that Sony uses for a remote control.

Ummmm (monday, monday).

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
Thanks for the great link Steve. This thing looks great. Say, with it being firewire only, I guess it doesn't work with PC's?

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
yep. Mac onlyas far as the apple software..
software issue though.. they could make it work on a PC platform if they wanted ;)

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
There are supposed to be shareware utilities that will make it work on a FireWire-equipped PC. And I've heard that Apple will eventually try to support it on the PC, but that Mac was the first priority.

So it has the hooks for a Sony-type remote control? I'm intrigued...

- Steve

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member
The iPod looks incredible and I would love to purchase it, but the price is really out of wack.
$399 U.S. (almost $600 in Canada) is alot of cash.
Add the fact that I don't own a Mac, so I'd have to spend some extra money on a Firewire card for my PC.
Has anyone tried the edigital Treó 10 ?
http://www.edigital-store.com/treo10.html
It doesn't look as spiffy as the iPod, but it has a 10GB harddrive (as opposed to iPod's 6GBs) and only goes for $249 U.S.

Patrick_T

Agent
The iPod looks incredible and I would love to purchase it, but the price is really out of wack.
I don't mean to ruffle any feathers...but I never understand what people mean when they say this. True, the thing is expensive (I won't be buying one anytime soon) but the drive used in the thing sells alone for the cost of the ipod...the ipod is just a highend product. Someday it will come down in cost.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks