What's new

Any other HTFers pick up Arc the Lad Collection for PlayStation? (1 Viewer)

James_G

Stunt Coordinator
If you're into old-school or grid-based RPGs I highly recommend it!
I've been anticipating this game since it debuted in American magazines back in '95 (coupled with numerous delays from Working Designs...I've had it preordered since last November when the release date was December! :angry:) and I've finally got a hold of it!
I'm working my way through the first chapter (Arc the Lad I) of the saga right now and I'm having a blast. The grid-based battle system is really nice, and I can definitely see how the folks over at Square got inspiration for Final Fantasy Tactics (AtL was released waaay back in '95 in Japan). I've heard that the series really hits its stride in the second game, but part one is pretty fun.
And the extras! :eek: Well, just see for yourself:
arc-setup2.jpg

The two game guides don't come with the package, but everything else does. Five game discs (FOUR games in total), "making of" disc, 150-page leather-bound instruction/art book, memory card holder, analog stick covers, standees...and if you preordered it you got a nifty pocket watch with one of the main characters on the face.
So...has anyone else been anticipating this title as much as I have?

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
You've got to love all the specials that Working Designs puts into those RPG collections.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
I held in my hand last night, but $70 is just too much for me at the moment. I've been spoiled by cheap DC games.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks