Any Other HTF Bloggers?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Andrew 'Ange Hamm' Hamm, Jun 15, 2006.

1. Andrew 'Ange Hamm' Hamm

Andrew 'Ange Hamm' Hamm Supporting Actor

The HTF is one of the web's more erudite forums, and I suspect it has more than a handful of interesting bloggers. I've only been blogging for a few months (recent topics include steroids in baseball, Spider-Man, T-Bone Burnett's new album, X-Men 3, and the wonder that was Firefly), but I'd like to share my stuff with other HTFers, and I'd really love to read what you're writing.

Funny thing about the blog phenomenon: for every interesting page, there are 50 about how the blogger walked the dog and went to TGI Friday's. My suspicion is that HTF bloggers will be among the interesting sort. This is, after all, just Ronald and Packy's big-ass home theater blog, in a way.

Post your links! Let's get them all here in one list. If you post, I promise I'll read.

2. Andrew 'Ange Hamm' Hamm

Andrew 'Ange Hamm' Hamm Supporting Actor

Hm. Apparently not.

3. Todd H

Todd H Go Dawgs!

Todd
    I started a blog about my first Macintosh computer, but haven't updated it in a while. Between work, buying a house, and other things, I haven't had any time to work on it.

4. Randy Tennison

Randy Tennison Screenwriter

Randy
    I blog about my life, and my family. Nothing too fascinating, but my friends enjoy it.

5. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Lead Actor

6. Michael Warner

Michael Warner Supporting Actor

I keep a blog strictly to keep the grandparents on the other side of the country up to date on their grandkids' goings on. Nothing that would be of any interest to others. Since I quit reviewing DVDs back in 2003 I haven't felt any urge to get back into writing.

7. Bob Gallagher

8. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

The stuff in my sig. Movie reviews and fiction because, believe me, my life is boring.

9. Paul McElligott

Paul McElligott Cinematographer

Paul McElligott
    It's all in my Sig, too, although I've been neglecting it for the past month.

10. ShelbyB

ShelbyB Stunt Coordinator

I have a blog. Its nothing special.

11. Buzz Foster

Buzz Foster Second Unit

I was thinking about creating a new personal website. I have no family close by, and I'd love to share pictures, maybe do a blog, etc. I've settled on a domain name, as forwarding is expiring on my old, hyphenated last name domain. Time to move on from that one, for sure.

Anyone have software to reccommend? I'd like something as easy as possible to use, drag and drop photo albums, easy to update frontpage, blog, etc. One button upload, that sort of thing.

12. MarkHastings

MarkHastings Executive Producer

The problem with Blogging is, they're only good if someone else reads them. [​IMG]

If not, it's just sad and pathetic. [​IMG]

13. Aaron Reynolds

Aaron Reynolds Screenwriter

Aaron Reynolds
    I write for Batter's Box, which is considered a blog by everyone except for Batter's Box. [​IMG]

I used to write daily, but now I write about once a week and post new photographs every weekday.

All baseball stuff, mostly Toronto-related. I was featured in the Toronto Star's Blogger Pre-Season Roundtable (part two and part three) and on CBC Radio just before the season started this year. I'm sad to have cut back my writing, but something had to give, and I feel I'm a much stronger contributor photographically to the site anyways. While the CBC and Toronto Star credited me by my actual name, I post on Batter's Box as "Named For Hank", since there was already an Aaron who wrote for the Box back when I joined. (That would be Aaron Gleeman, who writes for The Hardball Times and his own site now.)

You'll note that I made one prediction in the CBC interview that ended up being wildly wrong -- I like to point out that as a photographer who is notable for having crazy hair, you're wandering into dangerous ground when you ask me for analysis.

14. Russell G

Russell G Fake Shemp

Russell
    What Buzz said. My life is incredibley awesome, I plan on having an actual site dedicated to it. I have no idea how to do it though, so any software would be appreciated.

Otherwise, I pretty much blog in the threads of the HTF. I'm pretty shameless in telling people how to live there lives and in what to watch. [​IMG]

15. MarkHastings

MarkHastings Executive Producer

I know of a lot of people that use Blogger - It's free and very simple to use.

16. Buzz Foster

Buzz Foster Second Unit

I can't wait to have my own blog to neglect.

17. Steve Christou

Steve Christou Long Member

Steve Christou
    My blog's had nearly 2 million views since it's inception 4 years ago... I'm...I'm so proud [wipes tear].

18. Carl Miller

Carl Miller Screenwriter

19. Aaron Reynolds

Aaron Reynolds Screenwriter

Aaron Reynolds
    We use a modified version of Geeklog at Batter's Box, which works really well for us. It's easy.

20. Alex-C

Alex-C Screenwriter

I blog about all my grilling adventures. more for myself to look back on and see what I have done (I take pics) and what worked and what didnt. more of a personal diary of BBQ I can use for future entertaining.