What's new

Any other Gypsie Moth Catapiller invasions? (1 Viewer)

Scott Van Dyke

Supporting Actor
Mine and surrounding counties are infested. These things are disgusting. Am I the only one?

When we call the state, we're put on a "list".

Ryan Spaight

Supporting Actor
I was living in Connecticut when those vile things took over back in '81. They were freaking *everywhere.* I was in school at the time, and they sprayed the trees one night. The next day, the parking lot and sidewalks were literally carpeted with caterpillar carcasses.

Of course, my fellow 12-year-olds and I found all kinds of disgusting ways to dispatch the little critters.

Ryan

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
This spring was bad but wasn't infestation quantity. I saw them in the trees out hiking but were not all over our property like some years.

My father used to burn them in their nests.. very flammable and lots of carnage!

Jay

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Yeah, I remember being in Westchester, NY in the spring in the mid-80's and there was a huge infestation... walking through the woods you could hear the droppings hitting leaves on the way down - sounded like an never-ending April shower. Whole swathes of trees were left defoliated, like a deciduous boneyard. Hrrifying.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks