Any other Final Fantasy fanatics out there?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by John-Miles, Apr 22, 2003.

1. John-Miles

John-Miles Screenwriter

I know I surely am, and i have recently begun my quest to finish all of the games i can in sucession, I hope to be done in time for the X2 release.

But I am wondering has anyone else times themselves to see how fast they can do it? I am hoping to make it in an average of 30 hours per game. I just finished the first one in under 25, and abck in the day i could romp through Final Fantasy 4 in under 10, but i figure at best i will finish X in 35-40 hours same for final fantasy 7.

but if anyone else wants to post their times through the final fantasy games I'd love to hear it.

if there is much of a response i will post all my times as i finish them again, maybe we will get soem friendly competition on the go here?

2. JamieD

JamieD Supporting Actor

Sorry, nope. [​IMG] I'm a Final Fantasy nut, but I tend to try and do everything and anything when I play through them. Haven't tried to be as fast as I could before.

3. Krystian C

Krystian C Stunt Coordinator

I freak as well, but I agree with JamieD. I am a perfectionist when it comes to collecting things in FF games. Have to get every item, weapon, armor, spell there is.

FF 7,8,9,10 have all taken me between 90 - 100 hrs to full complete.

Can remember the others FF 1 - 3 and mystic quest, I was not keeping track.

Krys

4. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

FF7 was my first FF game, then I bought Anthology, 8, 9, and X. I almost finished 6, got a few hours into 5, but beat the rest. FF7 took me a while (first RPG ever, I was deprived as a child), 8 took me longer, and 9 took me the least amount of time.

5. Paul_Fisher

Paul_Fisher Screenwriter

The first one is the best IMO, and the 3rd comes in a close second.

6. John-Miles

John-Miles Screenwriter

Well I do both, the only thing i have enver gotten in FF4 was the pink tail and hence adamantite armour. [​IMG] but i got everythign else and in a separate game i beat it in under 9 hours.

unfortunately ive never been able to drag these games out very long.... getting everythign in FF7 i still finished it for the first time in under 50 hours.

7. Brian Kleinke

Brian Kleinke Supporting Actor

I've never tried for speed... I try to beat it w/o a guide the 1st time... then with to get EVERYTHING ;-)

8. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

What I usually do is buy the game with a guide, but play the game without it and read the section about where I just was ater I play through it. That way, I can do the story stuff without it being spoiled, then see if there are any important items to get.

Paul-
    By "the third" I hope you mean FF6?

9. DaveGTP

DaveGTP Cinematographer

I do the same as Morgan after I walked past the 2nd Bahamut materia in FF7. Look for the item list and ignore the strategies and maps. I wouldn't call myself a FF fanatic, but I have played all of them at least once-and-a-half or so (excluding FF8, which I didn't like very much after about 10 hours or so, and never touched again). Admittedly, I don't get around to playing many RPGs that aren't FF though. Dragon Warrior VII and IV for NES, Lunar 2, Baldur's Gate 1&2. Ignoring DW7&4 and Lunar 2, I can't think of the last time I played a non-Square console RPG.
    And I guess Dragon Warrior now counts as Square-Enix. That leaves Lunar.

10. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

Oooh, Lunar 1 and 2 were both excellent. Well, I never beat the final boss in Lunar 2, but got right up to his final form.

Am I the only one who really liked 8? I went back to play through it again maybe 2 years ago and stopped right after the beginning of the second disc, but I still enjoyed it that time. And while the Junction system was confusing, putting the time into learning it would be VERY rewarding.

11. David_N

David_N Stunt Coordinator

12. Paul_Fisher

Paul_Fisher Screenwriter

13. DaveGTP

DaveGTP Cinematographer