Any other Canuckleheads see Buffy season opener on ATV?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by GARY C, Oct 1, 2001.

1. GARY C

GARY C Second Unit

* This does contain SPOILERS so don't read if you dont want to see. I don't do black bars. *
    My opionions...
    Enh!
    That's about the best I got from it.
    My rough 10 second synopsys.
    Giles leaves, Buffy's back, whoops we forgot her in the grave. She comes out a little screwed up. Bad bikers come to town they destroy almost everything. Buffy ends up kicking thier ass (along with small help from the scoobies). Buffy climbs the 'tower' Dawn followes her up and tries to reach Buffy, they both get off just as the tower collapses (somewhat glad they didn't cut that out because of...). At the end Buffy still looks confused and Willow looks weakened by the spell she used to bring back Buffy.
    For two hours it still seemed rushed. Either that or just bad pacing. I expected more from a show that I have come to like alot lately. Oh well lets hope it's more of a re-intro and a springboard for this season instead of a sign of what's to come.
    Not his best starter.
    ------------------
    If you can't learn to do something right, learn to enjoy doing it poorly!

2. Daryl Furkalo

Daryl Furkalo Second Unit

Yeah, good ole Bell Expressvu. Course tomorrow I am going to Minneapolis for Megadeth [​IMG] so I very glad to have seen it tonight. I think this episode sets up well for the early part of the season, much, much angst amongst the Scoobs, and Spike. I like how Spike was really beating himself up for what happened in The Gift. I don't think he will forgive himself for quite a long time. Funny thing is, they don't tell him what they are doing, and last year, Dawn and Spike do the same thing, and don't tell the rest of them.
    ------------------
    Regards,
    Daryl