What's new

Any opinions, reviews for the Outlaw 7100? (1 Viewer)

VicQ

Stunt Coordinator
Thinking of upgrading my current 5 channel amp to 7 channels, this amp seems like a good price/performance amp. Any thoughts or comments? I currently have a Parasound HCA85A. Would going to this amp be considered a downgrade?

-Vic

ChadLB

Screenwriter
In my opinion the only thing you are going to gain is 2 extra channels. If that is what you are looking for great but wouldn't it be cheaper to just add a used 2 channel to your current setup. Like a parasound 1000a....

VicQ

Stunt Coordinator
ChadLB, Ricky T, you both are absolutely right. I love my Parasound amp and I think going with this particular outlaw amp would be a waste of money on my part. Adding a two channel Parasound amp would not only give me the same sound I've come to love, but most likely better sound than if I went with the Outlaw 7100 that only has on transformer to drive 7 channels. I would use the two channel amplifier to drive the mains, and the 5 channel to drive the rest. Thank you both. The only reason that I considered getting a 7 channel amp is that I could have substituted it w/the 5 channel without the significant other really noticing the new purchase.:D However, if I get either the Parasound 750A or 100A, I could stash it behind the equipment rack and lay it on its side . Heh, heh. (I upgrade my mains late last year and I don't think she'd be too happy with me buying another toy so soon

-Vic

ChadLB

Screenwriter
If you need to save up extra money go for the 100a. Use that as your front and the 855a for center/rears. To me the 750a is not worth the money and I have seen the 100a for $250 -375 used....
Vic send me a PM on how you like the 855a.

Erik_C

Stunt Coordinator
I've got one. I sold my ATI 1505 to get 7 channels of the Outlaw 7100. I thought about adding a second amp to the ATI, but decided against it. My system would have looked ungainly with two big-ass amps. The 7100 has worked out great. Sounds neutral, has more than enough power for my 16x25 foot room, and I don't regret buying it.
-Erik

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks