Any opinions, reviews for the Outlaw 7100?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by VicQ, Apr 20, 2003.

1. VicQ

VicQ Stunt Coordinator

Thinking of upgrading my current 5 channel amp to 7 channels, this amp seems like a good price/performance amp. Any thoughts or comments? I currently have a Parasound HCA85A. Would going to this amp be considered a downgrade?

-Vic

2. ChadLB

ChadLB Screenwriter

In my opinion the only thing you are going to gain is 2 extra channels. If that is what you are looking for great but wouldn't it be cheaper to just add a used 2 channel to your current setup. Like a parasound 1000a....

3. Ricky T

Ricky T Supporting Actor

I agree with Chad...Parasound 1000A for ~ 350 used....

4. VicQ

VicQ Stunt Coordinator

ChadLB, Ricky T, you both are absolutely right. I love my Parasound amp and I think going with this particular outlaw amp would be a waste of money on my part. Adding a two channel Parasound amp would not only give me the same sound I've come to love, but most likely better sound than if I went with the Outlaw 7100 that only has on transformer to drive 7 channels. I would use the two channel amplifier to drive the mains, and the 5 channel to drive the rest. Thank you both. The only reason that I considered getting a 7 channel amp is that I could have substituted it w/the 5 channel without the significant other really noticing the new purchase.[​IMG] However, if I get either the Parasound 750A or 100A, I could stash it behind the equipment rack and lay it on its side . Heh, heh. (I upgrade my mains late last year and I don't think she'd be too happy with me buying another toy so soon

-Vic

5. ChadLB

ChadLB Screenwriter

If you need to save up extra money go for the 100a. Use that as your front and the 855a for center/rears. To me the 750a is not worth the money and I have seen the 100a for $250 -375 used....
    Vic send me a PM on how you like the 855a.

6. Erik_C

Erik_C Stunt Coordinator

I've got one. I sold my ATI 1505 to get 7 channels of the Outlaw 7100. I thought about adding a second amp to the ATI, but decided against it. My system would have looked ungainly with two big-ass amps. The 7100 has worked out great. Sounds neutral, has more than enough power for my 16x25 foot room, and I don't regret buying it.
    -Erik