What's new

Any opinions on the Vienna Acoustic Grand Series? (1 Viewer)

Bob*S

Stunt Coordinator
Kenneth-

I have done a bit of listening to the Mozarts along with the Theatro center and the Waltz rears. I listened to a variety of stereo music as well as listening for use in HT.

I thought the speakers provide a lot of detail throughout their range and nice punchy bass. They sounded very smooth through the highs and even in a MiniMag showroom, they demonstrated their ability to create a stable image with an unboxed spacious soundstage. I can imagine that a little attention on proper setup would yield even better results.

If you are after speakers that have pyrotechnic dynamics, I don't think you will like the VAs. But I found them to be a very capable speaker in beautiful cabinets and have them on a shortlist with ELAC 207.2s. I will also be auditioning some Totem (most likely Hawks).

Scott_N

Second Unit
I think it depends on your music tastes and what kind of presentation you like. If you mostly listen to hard rock then VA's might not be for you. If you like a forward presentation then VA's might not be for you. If you're mostly into HT and not music then VA's are probably not for you. I think they have a well balanced sound and they get the midrange right imo.

Mary M S

Screenwriter
I have the VA Beethovens (models before the current crop out last year or two). I love them and as long as I run my Subw with them for the lowest freq, they handle it all for me...rock..techno...Blue man group...DVD action adventure.. Where they EXCEL is strings, and grand piano concertos. Something like (Exceptionaly high quality soundtrack editing IMO) such as "The Red Violin" or the "Master & Commander" Soundtrack; such scenes as when the audio moves from Audbrey and Maturin playing as heard inside the cablin to the sound of the strings resonating underwater as the camera follows the anchor rode down; are sublime. But the cannonade (with the SVS sub, rocks the couch as it blasts past me). Mine seem to belt out "The Matrix" or "T2" with equal aplomp (for me) and I appreiciate their finer rendering of detail in such scenes and types music listed above.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks