What's new

Any opinions on the these speakers? (1 Viewer)

Tony Mc

Stunt Coordinator
A good friend of mine has the opportunity to purchase these two speaker systems at a very good price, at least 50% less than retail. But he hasn't had the chance to listen to them yet. And I've never heard of the manufacturer before.
The two speaker systems are made by "Denmark Loud Speakers" and it consists of a towers system, the E 830 LR, and the 5.1 system is the ProCinema HT 2006. Figured I would pose the question here for thoughts/opinions.
Denmark Loud Speakers

Walt N

Second Unit
These speakers are known as "white-van" speakers. They're part of a large worldwide scam and the products are very close to worthless. Brands names that are part of the scam include Acoustic Image, Acoustic Lab Technology, Acoustic Response (in Canada), Denmark, Digital Dogg Audio, Dynalab Speakers, but new names for similar junk appear from time to time. I'd suggest to your friend that he stay well away from these.
More:
http://www.scamshield.com/Feature.asp?id=1

Tony Mc

Stunt Coordinator
Walt,

A big thanks for telling me about this scam. I never heard of it before, not even here on the HT Forum!!!
I'll pass on this scam to my friend ASAP!!! Hopefully, he hasn't paid any money yet.

Tony Mc

Stunt Coordinator
By the way, the website looks valid, except for the warranty information being a blank page.

Jan H

Senior HTF Member
Tony,
Our speakers are an amazing value, and if you'd like another, we can sell you a huge stretch of land between the East River and the Hudson. For a mere handful of beads, this too can be yours :)
Sincerely,
Acoustic White-Van Response Design.

Walt N

Second Unit
Sure thing Tony, I hope you get to your friend before they get to him. For some sick fun you can check out the Dynalab (same difference) speaker reviews at Audioreview. :frowning: :angry: :D
Jan, I like you signature. LOL

Mike Strassburg

Second Unit
I actually bought a pair of the E 830 LR's from a guy at work for $150. He bought them and heard about the "white van" scam and got pissed and never really played them. I brought them home for the weekend and they actually sounded pretty good (pretty similar to my old JBL G500 towers) with decent bass and nice high's. Opened them up and they were the typical MDF, 16 gauge wire, some stuffing, etc...as any other low-end speaker. I was going to throw them in the garage for some sound, but gave them to my 11 year old son to go with my old AudioSource 12" sub. He couldn't be happier.

For the right price they're decent speakers, but NOT the high-end stuff they try to make them out to be. What kind of price are you looking at??

Funny thing about AudioReview is that 99% of the people NEVER even gave them a listen. Of course if I paid the $600-$700 they were paying I'd probably be pretty upset to.

Happy listening...Mike

Walt N

Second Unit
Mike, $150 bucks is about right. They're similar to the KLH's they sell (or sold) at Costco for similar money which I use in my garage system. 1/2" cabinets, no crossover to speak of, but not bad for the little money they cost. As an 11 year old I would have loved them too. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks