What's new

ANy opinions on the Pioneer CLD-A100? (1 Viewer)

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
I've come across the opportunity top pick up one of these units fairly cheap, and was just wandering if anyone had any experience with them. Seeing as I am a Star Wars and console video gaming geek, this looked like a neat little niche player....also has optical out, which my CLD-S104 is lacking. While it wil be nice to have a replacement for my finally dying Genesis, my main concern is LD playback quality. Anybody have one of these in the past or know someone who did?

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Nick, I know of two folks who occasionally visit the forum who have them. Maybe one of them will see it. Best wishes!

Corbin Stirn

Second Unit
I have the CLDA100 myself. It is an average LD player-either 49 or 50 DB video S-N(good payers start at 51 and above).It does have an optical out....which a lot of players do not have. NOW............if you are a video game freak;), the A100 is an awesome piece to have. There are 4 packs that go in the left-hand corner on the front. The rarest is the computer pack(hook-up your computer to the player), next rarest is the pack 10(turbografx pack.....enables you to play turbografx cards and turbografx CDs, as well as 3 laseractive LDs). Then relatively common is the S-10 pack(Sega........enables you to play Genesis and Sega CD games, as well as the rest of the laseractive LDs). There is also a Karaoke pack(for terrible singing, of course:D ). There are also 18 Laseractive games that are LD roms.....everything form educational to action to shoot 'em up. All in all, it's not a bad player to have.....the optical out making it more useful. Hope this helps.........

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks