ANy opinions on the Pioneer CLD-A100?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Nick Graham, May 22, 2002.

1. Nick Graham

Nick Graham Screenwriter

I've come across the opportunity top pick up one of these units fairly cheap, and was just wandering if anyone had any experience with them. Seeing as I am a Star Wars and console video gaming geek, this looked like a neat little niche player....also has optical out, which my CLD-S104 is lacking. While it wil be nice to have a replacement for my finally dying Genesis, my main concern is LD playback quality. Anybody have one of these in the past or know someone who did?

2. Rachael B

Rachael B Producer

Rachael Bellomy
    Nick, I know of two folks who occasionally visit the forum who have them. Maybe one of them will see it. Best wishes!

3. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Lead Actor

As far as I'm concerned that is a no brainer. [​IMG]

4. Corbin Stirn

Corbin Stirn Second Unit

I have the CLDA100 myself. It is an average LD player-either 49 or 50 DB video S-N(good payers start at 51 and above).It does have an optical out....which a lot of players do not have. NOW............if you are a video game freak[​IMG], the A100 is an awesome piece to have. There are 4 packs that go in the left-hand corner on the front. The rarest is the computer pack(hook-up your computer to the player), next rarest is the pack 10(turbografx pack.....enables you to play turbografx cards and turbografx CDs, as well as 3 laseractive LDs). Then relatively common is the S-10 pack(Sega........enables you to play Genesis and Sega CD games, as well as the rest of the laseractive LDs). There is also a Karaoke pack(for terrible singing, of course[​IMG] ). There are also 18 Laseractive games that are LD roms.....everything form educational to action to shoot 'em up. All in all, it's not a bad player to have.....the optical out making it more useful. Hope this helps.........