What's new

Any opinions on the JBL S-center ? (1 Viewer)

anthony_b

Screenwriter
Any opinions on the JBL S-center ?...Are there any major shielding problems ?...Sound quality ?

Hank_P

Second Unit
I love my S-Center. It sits right on top of the TV and is matched with the S312's. No problems whatsoever.

Nicholas A. Gallegos

Stunt Coordinator
I have the S-Center. It's a suprising product to say the least. It performs very well. As for the center lacking warm bass, that's what my other speakers are for. It's a large center though; it barely fit on top of my TV.
------------------

Christopher Chung

Stunt Coordinator
I have the N-Center and I am more than happy with it. Sounds so great! so if this little guy can do that kind of damage, I'm sure the S-center will be awsome!

Timmy

Stunt Coordinator
I purchased the S-Center until my main speaker mfgr released their matching center.
The S-Center blended well and certainly had the vocals crisp and clear. It needs bass redirected from it, but most centers do anyway.
It even looked pleasing atop my rptv!
[Edited last by Timmy on August 21, 2001 at 11:33 AM]

anthony_b

Screenwriter
I just received it yesterday, I got it for $165 shipped from JandR music world. I was very pleasantly suprised that a center channel at this price can perform this well. I tested it out with mostly music DVD's and it held up very well. James Taylor's vocals sounded very natural and the same ocurred with Sara Mcluaglin in the "SUPER NATURAL" disc. I'm using an Onkyo 575x which has the capability of 5 channel stereo and the sound was stunning. My other option was the klipsch rc-3 (the refrence series center) but I was not going to shell out almost $300 for it and there really isn't much of a diference sound wise. Finally, I would recommend this unit to anyone who has a modest home theater and looking for the best center under $200.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks