What's new

Any Opinions On Merchant Ivorys Heat & Dust? (1 Viewer)

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
i'm considering picking this up but have never seen the movie and haven't run across very many reivews of the disc.
its a little bit over my impulse price threshold so i thought i would solicit some opinions first-
so, anybody have any?

Dom

Stunt Coordinator
There are a few reviews at dvdtalk.com search
Heat and Dust in the review section..

Cheers

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
The movie is okay, but not IMHO all that great (in spite of the agreeable sight of Greta Scacchi in stockings ;) ). I presume you'll have picked up the essence of the plot from the description on etailers' sites. It's a good quality and intelligent movie, but if you're expecting something on a par with Room With A View, then you're likely to be disappointed.

Let's put it this way - it's the sort of movie I'd record onto DVD if it came on the TV in the proper ratio, but I'm not sure I'd buy it at premium price, no matter how well transferred or how enticing the extras.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
Haven't seen the DVD but I remember buying the VHS years ago when I couldn't find it to rent.

It isn't among the better Merchant Ivory films.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member

Glenn(dvd Savant) made the film sound very interesting, and gave it an excellant recommendation, but i thought i better hear some more feedback on it first.
Room is still my favorite, so thanks for putting this into perspective.
given the price, i think i'll hold off for a while.
Feb is going to be pretty full anyway as it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks