What's new

Any opinions on how these speakers compare (1 Viewer)

Any have any opinions on how these speakers compare against
each other. I can see what the specs but that does not tell me how they really sound.

Yamaha ns555 vs Polk r30
Yamaha ns777 vs polk r50

Michael Yung

Stunt Coordinator
I am not very familiar with the Polk speakers you have here but I did buy the Yamaha "NS" (Natural Sound) series when I first got into HT. My impression of the Yamaha speakers I had was that it sounded hollow and had no real bass to speak of. The aluminum tweeter was also very weak and did not do a good job projecting a decent sound field. After just two weeks, I had to send it back to BB.

Any particular reason why you are looking at these speakers? Both of them seems to be BB/CC stock items so is that where you're planning making your purchase? If around $300 is your budget, I suggest taking a look at the Wharfedale Diamond 8 Series that's also available at BestBuy. The Wharfedale has a slightly more demanding load at 6 ohms so make sure you have sufficient power to drive it. This speaker is really nice for the money. The silk dome tweeters has a nice smooth highs and the kevlar cones woofers gives a solid mid-range and decent bass extention.

Someone I know is interested in one of the two yammies. I was exploring other alternatives for him to compare with to allow him to make a good decision. The polk seemed to be comparable. I will pass along the Whardale alternative too.

Anyone else have any opinions on the yammies??

kevin tate

Stunt Coordinator
I have the Polk R50. It has pretty good bass, but the treble is just a little on the bright side. Overall, it's pretty good value for the $.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks