What's new

Any opinions on HARRY POTTER games? (1 Viewer)

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
Has anyone played any of the various Harry Potter games from EA?

I'm on the PC platform but I would assume the games are very similar to their console counterparts.

I'm not expecting greatness on the level of BATTLEFIELD 1942 or KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC or RISE OF NATIONS. I understand the HP games are much simpler. Are they any fun?

Any opinions and/or recommendations would be appreciated. Many thanks!

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
I played the Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets on the PSOne. It seemed geared for younger players as it wasn't very challenging and I got bored with it quickly.

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for your comments. Maybe I'm better off sticking with the books and the films (which are watered down enough as it is). :)

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
I rather enjoyed the first PS1 game and the COS on Gamecube. Both have some really fun, platformy moments, especially COS. I haven't played the new version of SS on Gamecube or the latest, POA. :emoji_thumbsup:

RossH

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ross Hudgins
I've rented the 'Prisoner of Azkaban' for PS2 this weekend. Played it for about 2 hours so far. Compared to 'Chamber of Secrets' (for PS2, which I own), it's better...the load times are improved, the frame rate is much better.

You can switch between controlling Harry, Ron & Hermione (level-dependant), which adds another element to the puzzles this time around.

Overall, I don't really care for these games though. They become tiresome and very repetitive. I'm mostly a sports/racing fan though, so I'm not surprised I lose interest.

I do like the cutscenes, and the funny things in the game (talking to other characters, creatures, etc.)

I haven't played the EyeToy mini-games in 'Azkanban' yet, but looking forward to them. There are also mini-games (Exploding Snap, Dueling Club), so I'll check those out too.

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
Silly me. I discovered there is a PC demo of COS available here. I shall give this a try. Thanks again for all the comments.

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
If I recall the Quiddich game was reviewed favorably. Certainly makes for good video game fodder if executed properly.

Sean Eldridge

Second Unit
Again, the console and PC Versions are not the same game. IGN didn't even include it in their head-to-head.

Sean

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks