Any online sources for SONY DVD player user manuals?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jenna, Oct 10, 2002.

1. Jenna

Jenna Second Unit

I just purchased a Sony DVP-NC655P 5disc changer Progressive Scan DVD player - but it came without a manual.

Is there an ONLINE location to find one to download. I did searches, even on Sony site, but couldn't find any.

Thanks for any help!

2. Nathan_W

Nathan_W Stunt Coordinator

I've emailed Sony about this a while back. Unfortunately, they told me no. I hope that changes soon....

3. Ronald_P

Ronald_P Stunt Coordinator

Try sony web site under accessories. They run about $8.

Ron

4. Joe Tilley

Joe Tilley Supporting Actor

Have you tried to go back to where you got the player from & seeing if they would make or even give you a copy from a display? I know for working a CC a couple of years back we used to do this quite often for people that lost or didn't get a manual for whatever reason. You might give it a try couldn't hurt.

5. Matthew Anker

Matthew Anker Stunt Coordinator

6. Jenna

Jenna Second Unit

Thanks for all the replies.
    Ron, I found the Sony site that sells a replacement manual for $6.00 - I just despise the thought of PAYING for instructions on how-to operate one of their products that you've already paid them for. This will be a "last-effort" at obtaining a manual.
    Joe, I purchased the player at BestBuy and they searched high and low for a manual without success. Their salesmen are still trying to get me one. They don't even have an original to make a copy of....plus they have NO MORE in stock (so can't steal one from another box). [​IMG]
    Matt, thanks, I'll try that website and see what I can find.
    In the meantime, if anyone else has any success finding online (free) manuals, please let me know.
    THANKS!

7. Jenna

Jenna Second Unit

Matt, visited that site and was unable to find the manual I needed. Oh, well. Back to the drawing board....[​IMG]

8. Matthew Anker

Matthew Anker Stunt Coordinator

Ok, well at least I tried. He is a great source for service manuals, mainly.