any one still use a sony dv-s7000

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by joe logston, Jan 12, 2002.

1. joe logston

joe logston Stunt Coordinator

hi i am wondering if any of you have a sony dv-s7000 dvd player and use it i have 2 and the sound qualty is still like it was new had it for 4yrs. i bought the 3 one in las vegas at ultimate electronics.

2. Jim Golden

Jim Golden Stunt Coordinator

I still have one. I have it in the kids room. I was just noticing today, how well built it is (with a nice brushed aluminum face to boot!).

Jim

3. GeorgeG

GeorgeG Auditioning

Purchased the 7000 April 1997 - worth every cent - Superior

Sound and Video...CD's and DVD's. Would hate to estimate

hours of use!!!!

4. joe logston

joe logston Stunt Coordinator

yes thats about wend i got mind april 1997 paid about a $1,000 for it then needed one for the bedroom got it on close out for about $650 like you no telling how many hrs. on it i dont thank that the newer dvd players are built as good thank you, joe

5. Scott-C

Scott-C Supporting Actor

I bought my DVP-S7000 in April of 1997 and it's still in my setup, albeit in a "backup" capacity (I've since added a Pioneer DV-37 to my system, which since has been ebay'ed and I'm waiting for the Panny RP-91.

So, while I wait for my RP-91 to get here, I've been using the 7000 and I have to say it's not bad, considering 4 years is a lifetime for this kind of technology! The sound is very good and the picture is still very high-quality. I'll bet it's still one of the finer interlaced DVD players out there.

On a regular basis, I probably do not take advantage of the 7000 the way I should. I use it for a CD transport to cue up my home theater music before starting DVDs, and other than it being thrust into the #1 spot temporarily, it doesn't get much use otherwise.