Any one like Nashville Now

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Barbara.G, Aug 27, 2005.

1. Barbara.G

Barbara.G Stunt Coordinator

I like it. Minnie Pearl was on a lot. If you like it,give it a vote. There was lots of comedy.

2. Henry Gale

Henry Gale Producer

Is there an election being held that will determine whether or not to release on DVD the program hosted by Ralph Emery on which Sarah Ophelia Colley sometimes was a guest? [​IMG]

I do recall one funny moment from an episode on which Emmylou Harris was a guest:

Ralph: "How is Gram Parsons?"

Emmylou: "He's still dead."

3. Barbara.G

vote on tvshowsondvd.com under tv show voting.

4. Steve...O

Steve...O Producer

Steve
    Many of the TNN shows are controlled by Jim Owens Enterprises which has shown little interest in releasing them. What few releases there have been are edited. I actually spoke with them awhile back on another show; I think they're concerned that their demographic wouldn't make commercial releases viable. Getting music clearances would be challenging to say the least.

Nashville Now was highly entertaining even if Ralph Emery was "out of it" from time to time; thanks for the great story Henry!

Still, this is without a doubt one of the best country music anthology show ever. You could see greats like Eddy Arnold and Sonny James along with (then) newcomers like Randy Travis, Clint Black, etc.

5. Henry Gale

Henry Gale Producer

I voted for your show Barbara, now will you vote Frank's Place for me?

6. Barbara.G

Sure Henry! I'd be happy to. Thanks

7. Roger_S

Roger_S Stunt Coordinator

I used to videotape that show from time to time and still have many of those old tapes though my quality isn't the greatest. Sometimes when Ralph couldn't be on it, he'd have country singers themselves on as guest-hosts. I have one with Johnny Cash on it...he had his wife June on the show (of course) and her daughter Carlene as well. I think this was right around the time she was releasing her breakout hit "I Fell In Love".