What's new

Any one have to work today? (1 Viewer)

Steve Schick

Stunt Coordinator
You definitly know who doesn't have any vacation days.
I just burned all of mine with the birth of our newest family member a couple of weeks ago.

Man... my work place looks like a theater that's showing a revival of "the Cabin Boy"

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
I'm here today. I don't mind coming in on days like this... being the house computer jockey, the fewer people in the office, the more time I can spend on the HTF. :)
Although.. I'd rather be at Summerfest... it's beautiful outside today.

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
I'm working today. Like Dave said, these are the kind of days that I don't mind working. No one's here. I'm a contractor so if I don't work, I don't get paid. This is easy money today. :)

Tom Rhea

Second Unit
I had to come in today because they refused to give us our paychecks on Wednesday despite the fact that 1) they were here and 2) doing so would have cost the firm absolutely nothing. I'm leaving at noon, though.

Chris Rosene

Second Unit
Hey Dave

I'm at work today as well, but will be splitting out of here at 11:30 to go to Oakland Gyros and then off to Summerfest for the Pork, Dread and Ted show!!

KyleS

Screenwriter
I'm in and its killing me since I didnt want to burn a vacation day yet this year (trying to save for years end). I would much rather be at home having a 4 day weekend. My hopes are that my manager will go home early and give me a short day of work.

KyleS

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
I got called in for a 3/4 day. Burn! This blows, I'm here now and it's a morgue. Let me frikkin' go home!

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
I am off today :D
But I had to work yesterday :frowning: You should've seen Target yesterday at ~9pm, I don't think that there was one person in the store! I did get out in time to see the fireworks... so it was all alright :D

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
I am here because I can't travel, I am broke (new receiver). There is little point for me in using a vaction day just to stay at home. Being out yesterday was already a nice break. Finally, I was at home on wednesday also - cold, sore throat...

--
Holadem

Ralph Summa

Supporting Actor
Mandatory attendance today. All my clients are off today.
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz.
Wife and kid are at the beach. :frowning:

Ross Williams

Supporting Actor
I am. :angry: Seems like everybody I know got the day off except me. Today's like a Monday and a Friday rolled into one, it makes me doubly not want to be here.

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
I'm at work today, but I doubt I'll be here all day long. Like someone else said, days like this are good days to come in. Why burn a vacation day when you can have an extremely easy work day and maybe even get something done since noone is around.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
I was going to take today off, but I put in enough extra hours this week Monday-Wednesday that I only have to work another hour and then I'm outta here! Definitely worth coming in for 3 hours to save a vacation day!

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
Today's a regular work day and anybody who wants the day off has to burn a vacation day. Besides, today's payday!

I had to work yesterday. Company policy is to operate with a skeleton crew on holidays, and I guess I'm the skeleton's spine. But I get a comp day for it. I have 17 days off accrued this year.

Ralph Summa

Supporting Actor
Holadem,

If you're in or around Hartford, you can get to some real nice beaches in Old Lyme in 45 minutes or so. Misquamicut, RI has some nice beaches too. Although they are not the closest to us, they are really popular. Lots of scenery!:b How are liking CT so far?

I just found out my wife grabbed my three nephews and three nieces and took them to my parents pool. Maybe work isn't so bad!

Kolya

Stunt Coordinator
I don't mind coming in on days like this... being the house computer jockey, the fewer people in the office, the more time I can spend on the HTF
Exactly how I feel. I have a couple Crystal reports to make, and then I can spend the rest of the day on slashdot or here.

Mike_Mig

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, I am working too. Yesterday also, and all weekend just like every week. Right now our assembly plant is on annual 2 week shutdown. We are doing a semi major conversion to a new model. New front end, almost all new tools and equipment. Gotta make sure it all goes ok and there really isn't any time to take a day off. Well, that was kind of stretching it some, I don't do much right now, we have contractors doing most of the big work.;)
Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks