What's new

Any one have an opinion on the JVC RX-8020VBK ? (1 Viewer)

Tony-Merit

Agent
I am looking to buy a new receiver this week. The Panasonic SA-HE200 is at the top of the my list. I live in a small town so my options are limited. Panasonic, Onkyo, JVC and Kenwood are my options unless I drive 90 miles. The receiver I buy will mostly be used for music but home theater is important about 60%/40%. The JVC RX-8020VBK has many of the features I am looking for. I do not have the room for the rear center speaker the Panasonic SA-HE200 comes with but it has other features I am looking for. I can get the Panasonic SA-HE200 and the JVC RX-8020VBK for the same price. so what is the better buy? Any opinions on the on the JVC RX-8020VBK will be appreciated.

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
Tony:

Which Onkyo receiver are you considering? I'd put Onkyo well ahead of Panasonic, JVC and Kenwood in general, although there may be some specific exceptions. I think that you'll find JVC to not quite cut it for 2-channel stereo.

-AM

Tony-Merit

Agent
Its the Onkyo TXSR600. it does not seem to be a bad receiver its just $200 more than the Panasonic and JVC. Onkyo TXSR600 being $200 more just does not woth it. I stand corrected the JVC is $65 cheaper than the Panasonic.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks