Any one have an opinion on the JVC RX-8020VBK ?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Tony-Merit, Sep 29, 2002.

1. Tony-Merit

Tony-Merit Agent

I am looking to buy a new receiver this week. The Panasonic SA-HE200 is at the top of the my list. I live in a small town so my options are limited. Panasonic, Onkyo, JVC and Kenwood are my options unless I drive 90 miles. The receiver I buy will mostly be used for music but home theater is important about 60%/40%. The JVC RX-8020VBK has many of the features I am looking for. I do not have the room for the rear center speaker the Panasonic SA-HE200 comes with but it has other features I am looking for. I can get the Panasonic SA-HE200 and the JVC RX-8020VBK for the same price. so what is the better buy? Any opinions on the on the JVC RX-8020VBK will be appreciated.

2. Angelo.M

Angelo.M Producer

Tony:

Which Onkyo receiver are you considering? I'd put Onkyo well ahead of Panasonic, JVC and Kenwood in general, although there may be some specific exceptions. I think that you'll find JVC to not quite cut it for 2-channel stereo.

-AM

3. Tony-Merit

Tony-Merit Agent

Its the Onkyo TXSR600. it does not seem to be a bad receiver its just $200 more than the Panasonic and JVC. Onkyo TXSR600 being $200 more just does not woth it. I stand corrected the JVC is $65 cheaper than the Panasonic.