What's new

any of this year's PS2 hockey games gonna b online??? (1 Viewer)

Patrick_L

Second Unit
i sure hope so but can't seem to find any info re: online capabilities.

also, any word on a soccer title being online capable??

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Sega's NHL 2k3 will be online this year on both PS2 and Xbox. No word yet on soccer.

Patrick_L

Second Unit
heh, just noticed i posted in the wrong frikkin' forum. mods feel free to move..
Kelley_B could you tell me where you got your info on the online version of NHL2K3 for PS2?? everything i've just searched for says only the Xbox gets online multiplayer :frowning: DAMMIT!!

Damien

Supporting Actor
there is no reason ea can't take nhl online to take on 2k3, especially since they won't have to do any work with live. i really think we'll never see an EA game on xbox live.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
i really think we'll never see an EA game on xbox live.
..and I think your totally right. When EA makes up thier mind, its made. They refused to support the Dreamcast and that didn't change one bit. If they don't like Xbox Live than they wont bother with it (Of course money does talk here and if Xbox Live is a big success there may be a possiblity of change).

Besides that you have to look at the politics of the situation as well. EA has pretty much stayed close to Sony (who wouldn't with a 30 million user base). Its a good relationship for them to have and its something that will more than likely stay that way for awhile.

Users who are viewing this thread