What's new

Any of these titles to become Special Editions? (1 Viewer)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
I've been looking through my "want list" and was ready to go pick a few of them up. I know a few of these have already been mentioned as upcoming SEs, but there are a few others I was wondering about as well. Any info would be appreciated.
Dazed and Confused
A Fish Called Wanda
Stripes
Starship Troopers
Christine
The Fly (1986)
Quiz Show
Raising Arizona
The Untouchables
The Usual Suspects
Thanks.
------------------
Scott
Check out my Movie Reviews at Epinions. Help support my debilitating DVD addiction!
AOL IM: TheAngryJew29
[Edited last by Scott Weinberg on September 16, 2001 at 02:39 PM]

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
I think I remember some rumbling about a possible Raising Arizona re-issue, whether that means a SE or just a rerelease, I don't know for sure.
Bruce
------------------
mstprev.gif

Welcome aboard the Satellite of Love

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I remember reading on (I think) DVDFile a couple months ago that CTHV is working on an SE of Stripes for release sometime in 2002, I believe.

Tom Ryan

Screenwriter
I believe an SE of The Usual Suspects is slated to come out sometime soon....probably 1st or 2nd quarter next year.
-Tom
------------------
There is nothing wrong with any of the surrounds on your Forrest Gump DVD! It's ok!!!

Kevin Leonard

Supporting Actor
Starship Troopers is reportedly coming out as even more-loaded SE sometime next year, I believe.
Regarding The Untouchables, it came out this year in January, so I doubt a SE is coming out anytime soon. I believe Paramount tried to get some of the movie talent together to do some supplements, but couldn't...further reason to believe there won't be a SE in the future.
------------------
Have you ever noticed anyone driving slower than you is an idiot? And anyone driving faster than you is a maniac!! - George Carlin
ICQ: 55259446 (or just search for "John Shaft"...can you dig?)

Kevin Leonard

Supporting Actor
Oh yeah, about The Fly, I'll directly quote Fox's Peter Staddon:
quote: Its interesting, we had as many people say that the Fly double feature was a good release as we did those saying why did we taint the Fly with the Fly II. I think we will look at the Fly as a possible SE but it will not be for a long time yet maybe fall 2002 at the earliest.[/quote]
------------------
Have you ever noticed anyone driving slower than you is an idiot? And anyone driving faster than you is a maniac!! - George Carlin
ICQ: 55259446 (or just search for "John Shaft"...can you dig?)
[Edited last by Kevin Leonard on September 16, 2001 at 04:28 PM]

wally

Second Unit
I'd love to see
The Untouchables
The Usual Suspects
How about Top Gun?
Is the current version worth getting? I can remember walking into just about any video store (hardware) and seeing a wall with dozens of TVs all playing Top Gun
[Edited last by wally on September 16, 2001 at 05:33 PM]

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I would like Deep Impact to be done as a special edition as well as The Fifth Element (reg 1) so I can learn more about how the effects were done.
orangeman
------------------
Link Removed

Richard Ruffner

Stunt Coordinator
Fifth Element will most likely never be a SE, Luc Besson doesn't want one to be done. It will be a Superbit however, with no extras.
Richard

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks