1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

Any NY Yankee fans out there?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bruce Berti, Feb 19, 2002.

1. Bruce Berti

Bruce Berti Stunt Coordinator

I don't know about you guys but the span between the football and baseball season drives me nuts. I cant wait for the "new look" Yankees to take the field. Living in Massachusetts, which is Red Sox country is quite humorous. Every year they have these great aspirations, only to be dashed somehow.

Should be another fun and prosperous year for the Bronx Bombers. I will miss Tino though.

2. Bill Balcziak

Bill Balcziak Supporting Actor

Are the Yankees still in the American League?

3. MikeM

MikeM Screenwriter

Bruce, you didn't get the memo? After reviewing the payroll for the Yanks versus other teams this year, Major League Baseball already awarded the 2002 Championship to the Yankees this year.
    The parade is next Tuesday. [​IMG]

4. Bruce Berti

I think they should at least go through the motions anyway.

Mr. Giambi says hi by the way Mike.

5. Tom Johnson

Tom Johnson Stunt Coordinator

I saw an interesting comment the other day. It basically said Giambi might hit as many as 50 hrs as long as he doesn't start hanging out with David Wells at night.

6. Michael Fennessy

Michael Fennessy Stunt Coordinator

Michael Fennessy
    I am a huge yankee fan. Cannot wait for the season to begin. As for the Yankees payroll being too big and it being a foregone conclusion that they will win the series (They Will) Ask the Orioles how many wins a large payroll brings. They Yankees spend, yes, exhorbitantly, yes, smartly, yes. And the third one is the reason that they win.

Mike

7. Dave_P

Dave_P Stunt Coordinator

I'm from around the Bahston area, so NO! In fact, we even have a popular bumper sticker around here. Come on, you all know what it says.
    Actually, I think the Yankees are an organization with great tradition and a history of winning the BIG game. Contradictory, I can't stand that they spend the most money every year to bring the biggest and best player to their team to try, in reality, to "BUY" themselves a championship.
    I am a Red Sox fan. Read the side bar. We all have issues! [​IMG]

8. Bruce Berti

Dave-

Believe it or not the Red Sox payroll last year was higher than the Yankees.

money does not = championship

money + chemistry+ good manager= championship

9. Joseph S

Joseph S Cinematographer

10. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    Judging by the responses from the Red Sox Nation to a thread about Yankee fans this is just another piece of evidence that suggest to me that Red Sox fans are obsessed with the New York Yankees and their fans.[​IMG]
    Crawdaddy

11. Bruce Berti

12. MikeDeVincenzo

MikeDeVincenzo Stunt Coordinator

I usually find its easiest to say, "Ok, great!" to all comments from Red Sox fans about the Yankees and then move on....26 World Series wins do all the talking.
    Yankees FOREVER. [​IMG]

13. Dana Fillhart

Dana Fillhart Supporting Actor

Yes, big Yankees fan here, converted from da O's (never has a more apt shortened-name been given to a team! [​IMG]).
    I'm so pissed that Tino Martinez is gone; as soon as I saw they were vying for Giambi, I thought, "I hope to hell they don't axe Tino for him!" But *sigh*...they did. He will be sorely missed; his defense was THE reason, IMHO, that the Yanks made it all the way to the WS last year.
    So many changes...no Tino or Brosius or O'Neil ([​IMG]), no Knoblauch ([​IMG]), no MSG and no Sterling/Kay ([​IMG])
    Well, at least they still have my favorite player of all time, Bernie Williams.