What's new

Any Northern Pike fans here? (1 Viewer)

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
I love this band. Definetly very underated. 1987's debut, Big Blue Sky is one of those few that can be listened straight through without even thinking about pushing forward.

When they split up in 1993 I was quite dissapointed but saw them perform for their "mandatory" reunion tour in 2000. A great live show. However, the disc they released after the tour "Truest Inspiration" I feel is dreadful.

But their earlier stuff with 3/4 members on vocals(a band that never really had a LEAD singer) is stunning. When they could get it just right on some tracks its one of my own personal audio blisses.

Hopefully if they release another disc they get that "old" sound back.

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
I used to love these guys back in the late 80s early 90s. There was a new single by them that had a little bit of airplay here last summer that was absolutely horrible. I can't remember the name but I'm sure if you did some research you may be able to find it.

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
Richard, that single you heard was probably Echo Off The Beach, the first and (I'm guessing) only single from their disc Truest Inspiration. The real truth is that was the only good song on the disc and judging by your thoughts on the song I would highly recomend you do NOT pick up their latest effort :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks