What's new

Any Nohr owners in the SF Bay Area willing to give a demo? (1 Viewer)

Been following the recent posts on Nohr and communicating a bit w/ Mr. Barnes. I am intrigued by the speakers, partially because of the exoticness of the look, and, the WAF. Of course, the most important thing is the sound, which, per all the reviews is pretty darn good.
I am currently using Klipsch RF all around, except for the mains. I was just about to buy those. Now, this Nohr thing has clouded my decision. Anyone heard the Klipsch RF and the Nohrs and can compare them? Is a Nohr 4.0 as a center better than the RC-3? I have been very happy with the Klipsch and wouldn't want to step down just for looks.
I am sure that the Nohrs would be a step up from the Infinity Reference Threes I am running, but, are they better than the Klipsch RF-3s I was planning on getting?
Anyway, any thoughts on Klipsch RF vs. Norh and also the main request of my post, I'd love to actually hear some examples of Nohrs in action. So, any Bay Area people willing to give a demo would be most approeciated. I'm in the Peninsula area, but, work in San Jose, so that is also convenient. I could maybe even lug over my SVS to see how they sound together!
Also, pics of anyone who has hung their Nohrs from the ceiling would be interesting as well.
Thanks very much!
sdg
------------------

John Gates

Second Unit
Hi Scott,
There is an active nOrh forum over at http://www.harmonicdiscord.com and I am sure you could find someone in your geography there to give you a demo.
I auditioned both the nOrh 4.0 package and the Klipsch RF series. I liked them both, actually, but I found the Klipsch to be a little on the brite side for my taste. Still, I'm sure I would've been extremely happy with them had I bought them.
The thing I noticed immediately about the nOrh 4.0 is the imaging and detail. Soundstage was immense! So, if you like the looks, you should definitely try to find someone in your area and take a listen. For the price, I found the value of the nOrhs to be just what I was looking for. They sound incredible and do a wonderful job of filling up my 16x27 HT room. My sweet spot is literally the entire room.
Oh, as I'm sure you probably know already, these go down to about 65 Hz, so they are best with a good sub for HT. I have a pair of SVS subs and would highly recommend the combo of nOrh and SVS.
Happy hunting, and let us know how it turns out!
John
------------------

SkiingNinja

Second Unit
Real Name
Sean Ries
Scott, I'm in Belmont....but no n0rhs. But I did just get a pair of SVS 20-39's and Diva 6.1 and 2.1's.....
Sean

Due N

Grip
Scott, the nOrh 4.0 coupled with the SVS will sound HUGE. You'll forget that they're little speakers. I know since I own both. They integrate seamlessly.
As John mentioned, check over at www.harmonicdiscord.com. That's the place to be for nOrh related questions. Lots of nOrh owners hang out there. Good luck.

Kishu

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kishore
Scott,
Email me and we can fix something up sometime next week :)
Cheers,
Kishore

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks