Any Nina Simone fans here?

Discussion in 'Music' started by Ted Lee, Jan 30, 2002.

1. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

i was just typing about the 'point of no return' soundtrack and it made me remember that there's about 4 songs from her on it.

i think the music is great. i love her soulful voice...she seems so depressed. perfect music for those melancholy times!

i've been wanting to pick up some of her stuff, but there's several compilation albums out there...each a little different. i think some are on different labels too.

so...does anyone have any recommendations? i'm not necessarily looking for compilation stuff, just a great album!

tia

2. Ben Motley

Ben Motley Supporting Actor

She sure looks damned hip, but I've yet to give her a shot. My mom used to listen to her back in the day, and is very happy her music is so prevalent on cd. All I can say is that while Christmas shopping I came across at least two double album cds from way back. I also am not a big fan of compilations, and was very tempted to pick these up and give her a try, but, I was being good.
    I think these were the ones I saw...
    [​IMG]
    Pastel Blues/Let It All Hang Out
    [​IMG]
    Wild Is the Wind/High Priestess of the Soul
    From Amazon's Editorial review...

3. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

cool ben! i wasn't aware of these double-album configs. looks like i'll have to do some more research! sounds like the pastel blues combo might do the trick!

4. John*K

John*K Stunt Coordinator

You haven't heard? But oh! that's right. You can't hear above that Norah Jones you been playing.

5. John*K

John*K Stunt Coordinator

PS - I wasn't talking about the thread participants above me.