Any news when the new Video Essentials DVD is coming out?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Grady Hollums, Dec 6, 2001.

1. Grady Hollums

Grady Hollums Second Unit

I really would like to pre-order this DVD and was wondering where I can get the preorder for it. Thanks for your help!

2. Paul Hillenbrand

Paul Hillenbrand Screenwriter

Paul Hillenbrand
    DVD Planet sent me a letter telling me that:

3. Grady Hollums

I got the same letter, because I had it preordered from there too, but I remember reading something at the digital Bits interviewing the guy who did the first DVD and he said that it was going to be so much better etc... I really would like to know if Mr. Cane (I think that is who it was) really is not going to do the other DVD and it is now under a different name or if I should just go ahead and buy the Avia DVD to go along with my Video Essentials DVD. If there are any other calabratiuon DVDs that would help me in my search for calabration then I would greatly appreciate any and all suggestions. If I already have VE do I need to buy the Avia Disk? Are there some good things on the Avia DVD that VE does not have?

Should I look into buying the Sound and Vision DVD or what about the Widescreen Review Calabration DVD? Thanks for all the input and God bless!

4. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

Feb is the current projected date.

_vince

5. Leroy

Leroy Second Unit

I know not many here use it, but Ultimate DVD Platinum has just about everything you need for audio/video calibration. It's a 2 disc set with video test patterns audio configuration tests, supports DD/DTS. It also has demos that show off the features of DVD(i.e. multi-angle/audio, ratings locks, widescreen/pan&scan comparisions, several DD and DTS demos etc. Pretty complete package especially for it's $19.99 price.

I use it myself and found it to compare quite favorably with VE and Avia(and yes I have used VE and Avia at one time or other). YMMV.

6. Grady Hollums

Vince:

Where Can I preorder it? Thanks.

7. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

Dunno where to preorder, but I'm sure someone is taking orders.
    YOu can check for updates here:
    http://www.videoessentials.com/dve.htm

8. Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina Executive Producer

Well, it's great to hear that it hasn't been full-on canceled. There was a thread here a while back indicating that and I was bummed. I have AVIA, but would love to add the new VE to my collection. [​IMG]

9. Grady Hollums

Thanks again Vince I sent an email to Joe Kane from the web site and a very quit response from him came that said:
    "Thanks for your note.
    We've run into some complications in the production and it is delayed in coming out. We will be changing distributors as well. Once the production is finished we anticipate a world wide distribution the disc and it being available for a reasonable amount of time. I'll add you to our e-mail list letting you know when we are ready to accept orders. In the mean time I'll try to provide updates on our progress on the VE web site every two or three weeks.
    JK"
    Now that is just exciting! Excellent quality on a DVD release AND superior service. Is Joe Kane related to SVS? He is the only person so far in the Home Theater Industry that has given me this good of customer service! Thanks Joe, your response is really appreciated and I just wanted to thank you publicly! You have a customer for life!
    [​IMG]