What's new

Any news on upcoming Anthem Statement line? (1 Viewer)

Steve*MH

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone heard from a dealer, rep, etc. any updated info on the upcoming Anthem D1 and P5 (5 channel amplifier). In particular, I am interested in the P5, was called Channel 5 at the CEDIA this past year. Weighing in at 150 lbs, 5 x channels at 325 watts per channel, 5 transformers, 2 power cords. Seems to be the most powerful, high current multichannel amp out there, thus the two power cords. Curious of any info. They are supposed to be released this summer (June/July), but anxious to hear other news/specs.
Thanks.

Arthur Vino

Stunt Coordinator
QUOTE:

Yes, Statement D1 is now the official name of the Director. I have the latest Anthem AVM-20, and the Statement is going to use the same software. Expect the Anthem review in the next issue of DVD ETC., and the Statement to be released by Anthem in about 2-3 months. The mission is to have the same functionality, flexibility, and upgradeability of the AVM-20 but with an even better analog stage to take the sound to another level. The nice thing about sharing some of the same architecture is that the AVM-20 will not be abandoned in favor of the flagship, as upgrades that come along will be relevant for both

Steve*MH

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the reply. I agree that maybe sharing the same architechure as the AVM-20 may be a positive, but I would at least like to see a redesign to make it look different from the AVM-20. I like the idea of the preview monitor in front, but it is probably unlikely to happen.
Any info on the Channel 5(P5) amplifier? I thought you said someone was possibly testing one. I heard it is pretty much done, but is awaiting the D1 to finish. Would like any info on this amp--looks to be awesome.
Thanks.

Prathavan V

Stunt Coordinator
I believe the July/August issue of DVD Etc. magazine will be reviewing the Statement D1. That's what Dr. Motwani, one of the editors, has suggested to me anyway. The AVM 20 review should be the month before. I don't know about the new Channel 5 amp, maybe at the same time as the D1 review?

Camp

Senior HTF Member
I would at least like to see a redesign to make it look different from the AVM-20.
I agree. Considering what it's likely to sell for it deserves a cosmetic upgrade. Nothing against the AVM-20's looks but they might as well make it stand out.

Prathavan V

Stunt Coordinator
I won't be changing out my AVM 20 for the Director, unless Anthem offered some amazing trade up deals, so I'm happy to just look / listen to what they offer. From the point of view of seeing the brand I've chosen remain desirable, I do hope that they put in all the toys that you're all requesting. From the point of view that I can't afford it.........well at least I'll know that I can't afford it:D so I'll keep my covetous glances to myself.

Camp

Senior HTF Member
I hope for the monitor up front..
Blech!
I'm just not a fan of that new trend. From a design standpoint it's not attractive (though it does have a "wow" factor).

I find it useless unless you have your equipment where the main display isn't visible and you're the rare HT enthusiast who has an aversion to using the remote.

wayne p

Stunt Coordinator
I agree with Camp. A built in preview monitor looks tacky and the additional power requirements and circuitry cannot be beneficial for the sound quality. If an installation requires a preview monitor, an out-board unit can be purchased cheap enough. Given the audiophile roots of Anthem, I would be very surprised if the idea of a built in preview monitor even occurred to the design team.

Wayne P

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.