Any News on these SE Re-Releases?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Corey * C, Jul 22, 2002.

1. Corey * C

Corey * C Extra

Hey everyone! I'm new to the HTF, and I just wanted to throw out a few questions.....
    Whats the last everyone's heard about:
    *Dick Tracy: Vista Series(I hesitate to purchase the surrent version in fear of a spiffier set in the coming months)
    *Who Framed Roger Rabbit? Vista Series
    *Batman and Batman Returns: SE (I could care less about the other 2)
    *Event Horizon SE (I'm curious about the supposed deleted footage, and Paul Anderson is revisting Resident Evil for a 2-disc treatment soon, so I'm guessing this is a possibilty)
    *Fargo SE (Maybe with the Coen Brothers' beginning to take a liking to DVD, we can get a better version)
    *True Lies 5 Star (Is work underway on this?)
    *Enemy of the State SE (Where's the deleted footage that's on the Region 2 DVD?)
    *Predator SE (Once again, Region 2 has the superior version)
    *Titanic SE (Was James Cameron really back to Titanic filming new footage for a DVD release?)
    *The Jack Ryan Trilogy: SE (With the success of The Sum of All Fears in theaters...)
    *Bram Stoker's Dracula: SE (I believe I even saw cover art for this a while back...maybe it was just the Superbit)
    *Mission Impossible: SE (Concidering a third chapter is in the works...)
    Sorry if these issues have recently been discussed. Thanks a bunch for reading, and feel free to comment with any info or suggestions!

2. rutger_s

rutger_s Supporting Actor

Fargo - Special Edition and True Lies - Five Star Collection are still in production.

3. BooneG

BooneG Stunt Coordinator

Fox has stated that they won't even consider bringing the Predator: SE over here until they see how well it sells overseas.

4. Ben Harpold

Ben Harpold Agent

Titanic SE - Cameron returned to Titanic to shoot footage for a new documentary. Of course it could tie in with a new DVD release.

Batman I'm sure is in the works, considering WB is working on some new Batman movies.

5. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Cameron's Titanic IMAX documentary is now a Buena Vista title, will be released theatrically in the fall

Dick Tracy- Fat ? mark
    Roger Rabbit- Supposedly in production
    Event Horizon- Nothing solid, but may happen
    Batman- keeps happening, then not happening. Who knows
    Titanic-only a question of when
    Predator- It'll happen eventually, buy a region free player if you can't wait
    Jack Ryan- Again, probably only a question of when
    True Lies- In production

6. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

Not on your list. But, Robin Hood[​IMG]rince of Theives is being worked on by Morgan Creek Productions as we speak. And could be out before the end of the year.

7. Osato

Osato Producer

Just speculation, but I bet WB waits on Batman SE's till one of the new Batman projects comes out. Right now I believe it's the Batman / Superman project to be helmed by Wolfgang Peterson. It's frustrating though. They missed out with the tenth anniversary of the first Batman film. All the films need to be redone in Special Edition format.
    Mission Impossible? Again speculation, I bet it's whenever the third film comes out. Paramount seems to like to revisit titles, especially Star Trek ones.

8. Daniel Kikin

Daniel Kikin Screenwriter

It would make sense if Paramount put out The Jack Ryan SE's at the same time that The Sum Of All Fears comes out on DVD.

9. Corey * C

Corey * C Extra

Seems like everything is on the horizon or at least a maybe....
    Good news in my book[​IMG]
    I'm just thankful I haven't heard anything that shot down these thoughts, like when I first inquired about a spiffed up American History X release, along with Lynch's Dune. Quite a shame.
    Had forgotten completely about Robin Hood - thanks for the reminder