Any news on the Pioneer Elite DV-50?

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Cesar, Sep 30, 2003.

1. Cesar

Cesar Extra

I saw this in a high end store today. Looks exactly like the 563A but I don't have any details on it, nor do I know the retail price.

Does anyone have any details?

BTW, I didn't ask the salespeople because they were a little too standoff-ish. They don't deserve any business from me.

2. Robert Franklin

Robert Franklin Stunt Coordinator

3. Cesar

Cesar Extra

nope it's not that. The design is EXACTLY the same as the 563A. Looks like I may have to go back to the same store to get the details...

4. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

The 59AVi isn't out yet.

5. Wayde_R

Wayde_R Stunt Coordinator

I must plead ignorance here. What is HDMI? And why is it significant? Is it something I should look into if I haven't yet sprung for a "good" dvd player or HDTV (still waiting to see how it goes and xbox is my dvd player)

From what I gather the HDMI standard allows direct communication between the video source and player. "without unnecessary processing steps" How does this differ from what you're getting today in a progressive scan dvd player? Is HDMI an alternative to progressive scan? Or does it mean the same thing?

My interest is tweaked, sometime next year I'll be buying my universal DVD player and an HDTV so I'm keeping an eye on the technologies but never heard of this.

Thanks for any explanations.
    Wayde

6. Cesar

Cesar Extra

See the following for the solution of this mystery...

avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=307334